I’ve only been on Linux since March 2020 and I’ve been on Manjaro KDE most of that time. I’ve never had any problems with updates before but there is a first time for everything.
I ran the big update yesterday and subsequently restored from timeshift as I thought the graphics card driver changes were an error as things looked so different in the mhwd gui. I’ve since read up on the forum and I see this is the way it’s meant to be now.
So I ran the update again and this time got the graphics card thing sorted out, but then I found I couldn’t connect to any sites via firefox or chromium, and thunderbird couldn’t connect to my email servers either. All these connectivity problems were related to a change of security certificate, or the browser or system not recognising it. I really don’t understand what exactly was wrong but it appears that my system lost something it needs related to security certificates.
Can anybody advise what happened please.