Connect a new docking station?

Hello everyone,
I ordered this device: Lenovo ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station 40AN0135EU. My Manjaro Cinnamon runs on a Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th generation.

Can I simply connect the docking station and operate it with my notebook or should I reinstall Manjaro so that the docking station is integrated?

Oh yes, my notebook is already on another docking station from Lenovo and is running perfectly.

Hi @Tut_tut,

While I don’t have a laptop and thus no experience with one or a docking station, I do believe you’ve answered your own question:

I don’t think anything else is necessary. But that’s only me. I might be wrong.

1 Like

I don’t understand your reasoning why you would need a full reinstall.

Generally, you plug it in and it works. Depending on your UEFI settings, you might need to authorize the device. If you didn’t need to do this for the current docking station, you probably don’t need to do this for a new one.

Thank you for the answers. I’m going to try it and I’m very confident! If there are any problems, I know that you can ask here! :blush:

Update: This docking station doesn’t work! No monitors are recognized, not even a LAN!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.