Congratulations for the new website

I also think the visual effects are a bit overwhelming and the green might be a little bit too aggressive(or maybe thats just a temporary impression for my tired eyes), but I really really like the new Downlad Page.
Looks easy to understand etc. what I am missing though is a Downlad button on the main page(Maybe just a redirect button to the Downladpage but centered), though I am not sure how much it was tested on newbys. But Downloading Linux is unfortunately most of the times I noticed the first “point of failure”, so this is already a great improvement. :+1:

Hi,

@Yochanan @Aragorn @codesardine

Nice, Congratulation a new web site

unfortunately some link don’t work any more, like the branch compare, so practice.

2 Likes

Um, I have nothing to do with any of that. I’m only a moderator, not an administrator or webmaster. :slight_smile:

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

the links should be fixed now.

1 Like

Nice, thanks for your reactivity, but the branch compare is no more present

I hope on an other place ?

We did not have time to get around branch compare yet, there is a lot going on in the background at the moment, we will get to it eventually.

That is a pity!

Probably not, but is there any way I can give a hand with that? I have more or less experience with Python, databases, HTTP requests and Django (and also HTML, CSS and JS, of course)

At the moment branch compare is a bunch of bash scripts with cron jobs, that I don’t like but it works, so the plan is to move it to a subdomain with a slight redesign for now, until there is time to port that to wagtail, thanks for offering help is always welcome, I will speak with the team and get back to you.

it looks clean and pleasant for the eyes.

Very intuitive design, easy to navigate around. Well done!

How can a user view the datas (userfile-info.json) served from manjaro.org?

Similar to how the json is served here :https://repo.manjaro.org/mirrors.json

Branch compare currently gets a 404, but it will come back in some form, in the near future?

From the end-user perspective, it was a helpful resource that answered Support-type questions without the need to ask on the forum, thus saving Manjaro’s and the user’s time.

Branch compare: https://manjaro.org/branch-compare/?query=%s

1 Like

I like the clear new look too, but…

• the turquoise on every box on mouse over is quit irritating, especially when it’s not a link.
  • the green is differnet to the usual Manjaro-Green. I think you should establish an uniform CI

just my two cents…

Supplement: nonetheless…you guys are doing a great job and i really appreciate the work and effort you guys put into Manjaro. :hugs:

1 Like

Some images don’t work for me, not sure if this is a real problem or my adblocker being too agressive. The broken links are below.

https://manjaro.org/static/img/logo.b1f56ad4374d.svg

https://manjaro.org/static/img/jaro-2.595295d39562.png

Can’t reproduce. Try Ctrl+F5.

Yes, I’ve just this instance taken a peek and it’s top notch :+1:

It’s technically great, but I dislike light themed website (white background really?), and unfortunately using dark-mode browser extension is not working, it makes it worst… would take a great amount of work to un-white the website with custom code in dark-mode extension.

No big deal, I’m not going there too often.

Agreed 100%
Excellent and fresh new look!

That’s a pity because it’s invaluable from a support point of view. Especially if oneself isn’t on stable branch…

I hope that is rather sooner than later. Personally I don’t care about its (re-)design, just about the feature/service that got lost here.

6 Likes

If anyone is interested I made a similar utility to Branch compare that will be available while the official one is being finished: Branch compare for Manjaro

It’s very basic as it is meant to be only a temporary solution, but at least it has the basic functionality.

Just to be clear, this is my own site and it is not affiliated with Manjaro (Just in case :slight_smile:). Any problem or error on the site it’s my fault.
The site is meant to be a Manjaro “fan site” someday, when I have time to do it :smiley:

10 Likes