Conda causes issues with libGL MESA-LOADER (python) - Runs fine without conda

Hi,

I am running into some issue I cannot resolve myself. I am trying to run PyBullet which I need for a Project. I am trying to execute the hello PyBullet world example from the Quickstart-Guide (https://usermanual.wiki/Document/pybullet20quickstart20guide.479068914/html).

I am using currently python version 3.7.10 (but have tried 3.8 and 3.9 also) in a freshly created conda environment. I tried installing pybullet via pip and conda. If I install it via pip, I cannot even import pybullet, however if I install it via conda

$conda install -c conda-forge pybullet

it works.

My issue is that if I try to use the GUI (switching 4th line in code to p.DIRECT resolves error but no GUI is available then), I get the following error message:

libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open iris: /home/<username>/anaconda3/envs/pybullet2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/../../libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /usr/lib/dri/iris_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: iris
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open iris: /home/<username>/anaconda3/envs/pybullet2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/../../libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /usr/lib/dri/iris_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: iris
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /home/<username>/anaconda3/envs/pybullet2/lib/python3.7/site-packages/../../libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
Creating context
Failed to create GL 3.3 context ... using old-style GLX context
Failed to create an OpenGL context

However, in /usr/lib/dri all files are located, I just dont know what I should check now?
I have freshly updated the system using

$sudo pacman -Syyu.

What confuses me, is that this is a particular problem when I use conda. I have installed PyBullet via pip directly on my system and I can run the code with no problem. Just if I use a conda environment it gives this error message.

Hope one may be able to help,
Thank you very much!

**Edit
I found https://askubuntu.com/questions/541343/problems-with-libgl-fbconfigs-swrast-through-each-update so my problem may be related to the symbolic link and Nvidia Drivers, is that correct?
What would be a safe way to test this, just reinstall the Nvidia drivers or what should I do? I mean it works without using conda, this is what confuses me!

I resolved this issue by installing optimus-prime. I just guess that this issue happend because I was using wayland sessions and now switchted to X sessions. The default installation of GNOME with Nvidia seemed to have saudes some issues.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.