Company of Heroes 2 and Dawn of War 2 wont launch

Installed both and when i launch the game they just stop.

ran steam in console and got

error while loading shared libraries: li
blber-2.4.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

searched and found this

but the solution - sudo pacman -Syu gconf - is not found. seems has been removed form the OS.

is there any other solutions? or am i stumped.

From your error message you are looking for liblber its part of the libldap package. If your games are 64bit you would install libldap, if they are 32bit you would need to install lib32-libldap. But the issue is its looking for a specific version, 2.4 while the package in the repos is 2.6 and not named the same. You could try and install the package and then create a named symlink, but there are no guarantees this will work, still its worth a shot.
the command will be different depending on if its 64 or 32 bit. Open a terminal and issue one of the commands after installing the libdap or lib32-libdap.
64bit
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/liblber.so.2.0.200 /usr/lib/liblber-2.4.so.2

32bit
sudo ln -s /usr/lib32/liblber.so.2.0.200 /usr/lib32/liblber-2.4.so.2

Lastly, if it does work, and the libldap package is upgraded in the future, the name of the liblber.so.2.0.200 file may change. If that happens you will get the error again. To fix it, you will need to remove the broken liblber-2.4.so.2 symlink, find out the name change, edit the command to match the name and execute the command.

Thank you, this got me past that error. then it gave me

libcrypt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

which after a bit of a search i found a fix,

pamac install libxcrypt-compat

and now it loads and got into a skirmish. so should be good.

Thank you very much!

Getting old games to run can be tricky. Since I love old games I found the symlink/renaming trick a few years back. Keep it in mind when trying to get old games working on Manjaro or any other Arch based distro. Since they are rolling releases package upgrades come at a fast pace. Also please mark the thread solved so other people helping know the problem is gone and can focus on helping others.