Cmake need newer package version than available in extra repo: 'libtorrent-rasterbar >= 1.2.11' could not be satisfied

Hello,

i wanted to use cmake to buil torrent client software on 5.8.18-1-MANJARO

1st installed this:
sudo pacman -S base-devel cmake ninja libtorrent-rasterbar openssl boost geoip qt5-base qt5-svg qt5-tools zlib
then download the files:
git clone https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent
then cmake build:
cd qBittorrent;cmake -G "Ninja" -B build -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug;cmake --build build

Result is that it does not have newest libtorrent-rasterbar package:

– Package dependency requirement ‘libtorrent-rasterbar >= 1.2.11’ could not be satisfied.
Package ‘libtorrent-rasterbar’ has version ‘1.2.10’, required version is ‘>= 1.2.11’
CMake Error at src/CMakeLists.txt:7 (message):
Package LibtorrentRasterbar >= 1.2.11 not found with CMake or pkg-config.

• Set LibtorrentRasterbar_DIR to a directory containing a
    LibtorrentRasterbarConfig.cmake file or add the installation prefix of
    LibtorrentRasterbar to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH.

• Alternatively, make sure there is a valid libtorrent-rasterbar.pc file in
    your system’s pkg-config search paths (use the system environment variable
    PKG_CONFIG_PATH to specify additional search paths if needed).

mine is displayed to be from “extra” repo: Arch Linux - libtorrent-rasterbar 1:1.2.10-5 (x86_64)

Please how to fix this so the cmake build finish? Note that i am not a developer, just user with rather low skill.

Neither any Manjaro branch nor even Arch provide such a version.
You have to get it from, for example, the aur package libtorrent-rasterbar-git.

Ex:

$ yay libtorrent-rasterbar

5 aur/libtorrent-rasterbar-git 2.0.0.RC.r584.ge0d9d7791-1 (+5 0.14) 
    A C++ BitTorrent library that aims to be a good alternative to all the other implementations around (git version)

(though the Arch package has been flagged out-of-date so there might be an update sometime … oops scratch that, Arch-Testing is on 1.2.10-6, so 1.2.11 probably isnt coming very soon)

Thank you @cscs . I had no “yay” utility, so i ran “pamac search -a libtorrent-rasterbar”

libtorrent-rasterbar-git 2.0.0.RC.r584.ge0d9d7791-1 AUR
A C++ BitTorrent library that aims to be a good alternative to all the other implementations around (git version)
libtorrent-rasterbar-2_0-git r16764.gf726d1089-1 AUR
A feature complete C++ bittorrent library (git branch RC_2_0)
libtorrent-rasterbar-1_2-git r16764.g0ad0f29ab-1 AUR
A feature complete C++ bittorrent library (git branch RC_1_2)
libtorrent-rasterbar-1_1-git 1.1.14.r4.g760f94862-1 AUR
A feature complete C++ bittorrent library (git branch RC_1_1)
libtorrent-rasterbar-1_0-git 1.0.11.r9.g62c96797a-1 AUR
A C++ BitTorrent library that aims to be a good alternative to all the other implementations around (git branch RC_1_0)
libtorrent-rasterbar [Installed] 1:1.2.10-2 extra
A C++ BitTorrent library that aims to be a good alternative to all the other implementations around

i installed first one: $ pamac build libtorrent-rasterbar-1_2-git
(it removed libtorrent-rasterbar 1:1.2.10-2 extra)

and cmake now appears to completed without any fatal error.

After i finish debugging that software i am building, i guess i should remove the just installed git version (pamac remove libtorrent-rasterbar-1_2-git) so normal version is used.

You are working with the current ‘git’ development build manually … it wants the newest things …

(you can post roll-eyes @postcd … but you are literally git cloneing from current project source…)

Out of curiosity, why do you need that version of QBittorrent, if you are not a developer?
What’s wrong with the one in the repo?