Close Laptop lid > not coming back

When i close the laptop lid, it seems that the laptop goes into something similar like a powersaving mode. If i open the lid again, i see shortly a blinking cursor in the upper left corner, then it goes black completely. Pressing the power button does the same. But never i go to the login screen or back to the GUI.

I have searched, but didnt found a setting for “laptop lid closed” so far in Gnome. Do i have to install another application? Or is there some hidden setting?

1 Like

Check your power settings. On my xfce, I have modified logind.conf and upower.conf as follows:

etc/systemd/logind.conf

Uncomment the following:

LidSwitchIgnoreInhibited=yes
HandleLidSwitch=ignore

upower.conf:
 IgnoreLid=true in       etc/UPower/UPower.conf

****Restart computer for changes to take effect*****

Hi @GoGRaDaN,

I don’t use gnome, so wouldn’t know for sure. However, I almost think you’d find something with Gnome tweaks which you can install from the extra repository:

$ pamac search gnome-tweaks
[...]
gnome-tweaks                                                                                                                                                                                                                   40.0-2                 extra
Graphical interface for advanced GNOME 3 settings (Tweak Tool)

So can be installed with:

pamac install gnome-tweaks

The screen keeps now running as expected. Not the ideal solution, but a lot better as the freeze like thing. Many thx.

I should have added that I use that for an external monitor connected to a notebook. If you find a better fix, it is easily reversible.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.