CLI app to convert CGM to SVG

I have not been able to find a CLI app that will allow me to convert CGM image file to SVG. I have several thousand files. There are a couple of websites that will convert one file at a time. There is a utility in the AUR that is way out date, and no longer builds.

TIA
Charles

I would normally suggest imagemagick, but its not really for vector-to-vector conversion.

inkscape was also a no-go for the format.

What AUR utility did you try?

One of the ones that turned up in my search was uniconvertor … actually there is also uniconvertor2 as well.

Both of the versions of uniconvertor fail to build because the various signatures can’t be located.

:: PGP keys need importing:
→ C01E1CAD5EA2C4F0B8E3571504C367C218ADD4FF, required by: python2
:: Import? [Y/n]
:: Importing keys with gpg…
gpg: keyserver receive failed: Server indicated a failure
→ problem importing keys
→ Failed to install layer, rolling up to next layer.error:error making: python2 - exit status 1
==> Making package: python2-setuptools 2:44.1.1-2 (Mon 01 Jan 2024 04:33:51 PM CST)
==> Checking runtime dependencies…
==> Missing dependencies:
→ python2
==> Checking buildtime dependencies…
==> ERROR: Could not resolve all dependencies.

After a bit of fiddling I was able to get uniconvertor (mentioned in AUR) to build. It required downloading the source from UniConvertor 2.0 - Universal graphics translator, and building it myself. It is a python2 script, so that meant installing python2 and a few associated libraries with pamac. Then running the sudo python2 setup.py install created the program. It works great.

1 Like

Usually that would probably be a bad idea.
Possibly resulting in ‘file exists on filesystem’ issues during subsequent upgrades.
But it might accidentally evade such problems simply because the repos are on python(3).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.