Clean Install of 20.1.2 plus Hardware Configuration Nvidia Drivers == Fail to Load Kernel Modules

Hello,

I have a Lenovo X1 Extream with a TI1050 and integrated Intel Video. I did a clean install of Manjaro 20.1.2 with KDE from the live media. The install go perfectly and the intel video is operational. I do a lot of cad work on my laptop so I would like the Nvidia drivers. I go into the Hardware Configuration app per the install guide and click on Auto Install of the Nvidia driver. The driver install says it completes sucessfuly. But as soon as I reboot I get a Failed to Load Kernal Drivers.

I’ll have to reload from the live media again but is there a better way to install the Nvidia drivers?

I had a similar issue not wanting to use the intel driver on my system, before realizing I needed the hybrid driver. I used the wiki and installed the recommended driver. Configure NVIDIA (non-free) settings and load them on Startup - Manjaro

sudo mhwd -a pci nonfree 0300

So I also found that there is an issue with the Kernerl that is installed from the Live Media and the Linux Drivers. I followed this guide to do a full system update and was able to boot again.

forum manjaro org/t/howto-install-updates-from-tty/23990