Clarify dual GPU understanding

I’ve been on Manjaro KDE for the past 6 months now. I finally installed the Nvidia drivers as I have a dual GPU setup in my Lenovo. I’ve been reading through forum posts and the wiki and am a little confused as to how best use the Nvidia graphics card. Am I correct in stating that because I installed video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-450xx-prime Manjaro is already configured to do off-loading to the Nvidia card when needed, and that I can choose to run any application with that card by running the application by pre-pending prime-run? Or does no off-loading occur and if I want to use the card at all I have to run a program with prime-run?

Well, best is just what is given. Indeed, by running prime-run <application> the dGPU that is off at that point will turn on and be used.
With Optimus-Manager you can also set the system to run strictly with the dGPU or iGPU or the hybrid mode (the one you run now)

1 Like

We should make this in a [HowTo] tutorial: that is the best description I’ve ever read with as few words as you’ve used…

:+1:

1 Like

I son’t know about a how to. All i “parrot” is from what i read, sadly no hand on for confirmation :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.