Chromium is laggy

I’ve got a big issue with Manjaro after upgrade. Chromium is very laggy, i’ve changed a lot of settings, vulkan, … and my system run worst than 5.9. I’ve reinstalled all the drivers, put the open-source. Uninstall, and install again. But it’s is very uncomfortable. I’ve got a lot of error while upgrade, the same as other users with the dependences. But nothing bad. I work with a lot of web apps and I see a slow-motion of the transitions. Videos are very laggy, frames skipped. Youtube in a test video, changes me from 1080p to 320p gradually

Running with nvidia 390xx. It’s XFCE.

With VLC, I haven’t got glitches or frames skipped in videos. Only with Chrome and Youtube/Netflix. All based on GPU processes

I’ve found my issue. Firefox and Chrome has been updated due to Flash EOL. Something has added and broke the Hardware Acceleration. I’ve installed downgrade, and i’ve downgrade Firefox and Chromium to 86 and everything is working fine again (If downgrade Chromium, also need to downgrade re2 to 2020-08)

I could ask 20 questions, but I shouldn’t have to. We neither know what settings you changed nor what errors you received.

Downgrading packages is not a solution. That will lead to a partial upgrade which is not supported.

That is completely unrelated.

I’ve downgrade Chromium and my issue with the smoothness is solved. No frames skipped and no lag on Chrome. Something has changed between versions. I understand something has been changed and do this, but i’ve test with remove, install, changing parameters… And i’ve downgrade, put the parameter that got by default “–ignore-gpu-blocklist” and… working fine again.

I say Flash EOL because its updated the same day that Flash gets End-of-Life… But something more has be changed

Chromium 87 was released in November.. The last major Firefox update was 84 on December 15th.

Most websites stopped using Flash years ago. This topic is moot and is not related to your issues.

Well, I don’t know what has happened. Everything has been since I updated Manjaro yesterday, also updated Chromium

Everything has been … something.