Changed bcdedit path in Windows to something that broke it, now can only boot into Manjaro or rEFInd

Hello, I installed Manjaro earlier today and proceeded to make an… extremely stupid mistake, leaving me unable to boot into Windows despite me setting things up for dual boot.

I followed a tutorial from the forum (for some reason I can’t leave a link here but it was named “[root tip] [How To] Dual boot Manjaro and Windows”), and when checking the boot order using Efibootmgr, misread it and thought Manjaro was listed first, instead of Windows 10. I rebooted the computer, and it booted into Windows 10. I checked the troubleshooting section o the tutorial and it gave this solution

Run CMD as Administrator
        bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\Manjaro\grubx64.efi
        Reboot

So I used “bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\Manjaro\grubx64.efi” but that didn’t work, it didn’t recognize the command for some reason. So then I tried booting into the bios menu but for some reason it wouldn’t do that either. And as a last ditch effort, I ran the command again, but removed the “{bootmgr}” for some reason. ISo “bcdedit /set path \EFI\Manjaro\grubx64.efi” 'm not sure what I was supposed to actually do, but now I can’t boot into Windows. If I try to do so, my computer just goes into “Automatic Repair” mode. Thankfully, I’m very well aware of what I did wrong, and I believe all I need to do is change the bcdedit path back to what it was before I changed it. Problem is, I don’t know how to do that. I have no idea how to do that from Manjaro, and the best idea I could find from searching on Google was to used my Manjaro stick and boot into a “detectable EFI”, and choose the one for Windows, but trying that just put me in Automatic Repair again. Can anyone help me? I’d like to still have the option to use Windows if I so desire.

What if you let Windows repair itself?

Never execute commands without understanding the context and what the command actually does

• bcdedit is a Windows tool
  • efibootmgr is a Linux tool

To use troubleshooting you have to understand the context - e.g. windows tools doesn’t work in linux and vice versa.

You cannot fix Windows from Manjaro - you should just use the Windows repair functionality offered by Windows.

Bright side: now you can ditch windows for real.

:rofl: