Certbot is broken and out of date

You are on stable branch, this is the correct version. certbot should be bumped to the latest version the next time stable updates.

That explains it - v2.2 is the package in the x86_64 repo - but unless there has been some changes at let’s encrypt the version be be of little conseqence.

Hmm ok what about the python error log? I even remove it and reinstalled it and still have it.

Oh ok well the latest stable version is 2.4 now and that is all I know at the moment :slight_smile:

This is because your package is 2.2 and certbot requirements - is this your apache plugin? - requires between 1.8 and 2.0

perhaps use the thread about fasttracking packages from arch repo?

Maybe, I do have the certbot-apache package installed as well and that is version 2.2.0-1

Well - the answer is in the error message - you have version mismatch somewhere - what caused it - I have no idea.

Yeah I have no idea why it is happening either haha but I have made a comment on that post to get the newer version and fix the issue

To be clear: your certbot version is too high for the package you are using. Having the latest version of certbot will do the opposite of helping with this problem.

Are you referring to the certbot-apache package being mismatched with certbot itself?

In whatever Python package you are using (/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py) it is running a command to make sure that certbot is a version less than 2.0.0. Upgrading from 2.2.0 to 2.4.0 will not help. I suggest finding an alternative Python package for whatever you are doing, that one is clearly unmaintained.

I am using the python packages it requires and uses from Manjaro’s official repos so something with Manjaros python packages need to be fixed.

Not the package named python. Python has its own packaging system to manage some Python programs. Your script is running from /usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ which means that you intentionally set up and ran Python code that you either wrote yourself or downloaded from the internet. It could not have gotten there from Manjaro.

What script? I’m not using a script, I am using the certbot and certbot-apache package from Manjaros official repository, the package itself is broken and all I have done is installed the application and tried to use it exactly the way it’s intended for jellyfin and as jellyfin instruct me to do with the commands on settings up but I am unable to even do so because the package is broken. When I noticed it was broken I reported it here with the intention to help get it fixed.

Not to sound rude but please don’t try and push the blame onto others, this isn’t how you professionally sort out a problem.

Please calm down - the package in Manjaro repo is not broken.

I think you have provided the answer to the conflict.

jellyfin is providing let’s encrypt in a version which does not match the repo package - which then creates the issue.

No jellyfin isn’t providing anything, you even saw the log when I did certbot -v it was broken and showing python errors…

certbot -v
An unexpected error occurred:
pkg_resources.VersionConflict: (certbot 2.2.0 (/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages), Requirement.parse('certbot<2.0,>=1.18.0'))
Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /tmp/certbot-log-4co9n3df/log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.

You are doing exactly what the other guy is doing, trying to find any excuse to push the blame onto something else instead of just admitting to the issue and fixing it.

Please calm down … there is no reason for this.

I have been using certbot the past 2 years without any issues.

I cannot say what your issue is or why but it is fairly obvious there is a mismatch.

We are both volunteer helpers giving away our free time on a forum. We are not team members.

I’m not mad, I am just disappointed that even after the issues with the devs pushing patches for the m1 chip incorrectly and many times I have but heard with users on this forum for acting so arrogant and unprofessional you would think someone would have learnt how to do things more professionally…

Imagine what Linus Torvalds would said if he had this kind of crap happening in his emails and development team. I am not the manager here but as one person to another who loves and adores Linux, open source and community driven project this is the kind of stuff that pushes people away especially from Manjaro or gets talked about in a negative way.

I just want to report a package issue and please kindly ask to get it fixed, I don’t wish to argue or fight about a simple bug report.