Can't update ImageMagick6

I just updated Manjaro, both on my desktop and laptop.
I got the same error on both.
Everything updated normally, except for ImageMagick6.
I use the Swedish UI, so the Pamac error message is in Swedish,
but I translate it to this:

Looking for transversal conflicts…

Building imagemagick6…
==> Creating package: imagick6 6.9.12.17-1 (sat 24 Jul 2021 13:24:45)
==> Checking run dependencies…
==> Checking build dependencies…
==> Fetching sources…
→ Found ImageMagick6-6.9.12-17.tar.gz
==> ERROR: arch-fonts.diff was not found in the build catalogue and is not an URL
Unsuccessful to build imagemagick6

Can you help me with this problem?

/ Hans Gatu

sudo pacman -Rns imagemagick
sudo pacman -Syu imagemagick

That caused new problems.
Again, I translated the message from Swedish to English.
Maybe the original English message is different:

sudo pacman -Rns imagemagick

Checking dependencies…
ERROR: Could not prepare for the transaction (could not fulfill dependencies)
:: To delete imagemagick destroys the dependency ‘imagemagick’ needed for avciano
:: To delete imagemagick destroys the dependency ‘imagemagick’ needed for avconverseen
:: To delete imagemagick destroys the dependency ‘imagemagick’ needed for avcups-filters
:: To delete imagemagick destroys the dependency ‘imagemagick’ needed for avdigikam
:: To delete imagemagick destroys the dependency ‘imagemagick’ needed for avdvdauthor
:: To delete imagemagick destroys the dependency ‘imagemagick’ needed for avgscan2pdf
:: To delete imagemagick destroys the dependency ‘libmagick’ needed for avlibopenshot
:: To delete imagemagick destroys the dependency ‘imagemagick’ needed for avnautilus-image-converter
:: To delete imagemagick destroys the dependency ‘imagemagick’ needed for avpdftricks
:: To delete imagemagick destroys the dependency ‘imagemagick’ needed for avperl-gtk3-imageview
:: To delete imagemagick destroys the dependency ‘imagemagick’ needed for avplayonlinux
:: To delete imagemagick destroys the dependency ‘imagemagick’ needed for avpstoedit
:: To delete imagemagick destroys the dependency ‘imagemagick’ needed for avsk1
:: To delete imagemagick destroys the dependency ‘imagemagick’ needed for avtranscode
:: To delete imagemagick destroys the dependency ‘imagemagick’ needed for avuniconvertor
:: To delete imagemagick destroys the dependency ‘imagemagick’ needed for avzbar

And another strange thing:
The update in Pamac indicate that the update is from 6.12.17 to 6.12.19
but the script is trying to install 6.12.17.

/ Hans Gatu

Why are you trying to build imagemagick from AUR when its in the official repositories?

Why libmagick? You were talking about imagemagick

This error message (the first one I posted):

Looking for transversal conflicts…

Building imagemagick6…
==> Creating package: imagick6 6.9.12.17-1 (sat 24 Jul 2021 13:24:45)
==> Checking run dependencies…
==> Checking build dependencies…
==> Fetching sources…
→ Found ImageMagick6-6.9.12-17.tar.gz
==> ERROR: arch-fonts.diff was not found in the build catalogue and is not an URL
Unsuccessful to build imagemagick6

appears when running this update in Pamac:

/ Hans Gatu

There is no such package. You probably mean libmagick6

Of course removing imagemagick does not help. Since the repository uses imagemagick Version 7 not 6. Also double check if you really need libmagick6.

The AUR provides the arch-fonts.diff file. Maybe clean the cache of your AUR helper or switch to a different AUR help or install this AUR package the Arch Way.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libmagick6/
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/?h=imagemagick6
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/plain/arch-fonts.diff?h=imagemagick6

You are right @xabbu .
I misspelled it when posting. I.e. I meant imagemagick instead of imagick.
Nevertheless, the error message talks about imagemagick6 when upgrading libmagick6.

/ Hans Gatu

Please read my post careful.

No. It clearly states

arch-fonts.diff is part libmagick6 packages, which is part of the base imagemagick6 Since imagemagick and imagemagick6 would conflict, there is no imagemagick6 package.

So check if you need such a legacy package! If not remove it and save you some trouble.

If you need it. Switch to a different AUR help or install this AUR package the Arch Way. Since your AUR helper clearly is not able to download the full AUR package.

Thank you @xabbu
I removed the libmagick6.
Hopefully it will not cause any trouble.

/ Hans Gatu

2 Likes

Here I was in the same problem. Every update notification there it was and never been able to update. Removed it and only waiting to see if some other package miss it.