Can't update - error message

I finally decided to install Manjaro 18 on one of my old computers to give it a try. It is a 32 bit machine.

After installation I find that it says I have AUR updates but I can never update. I see the updates in the package manager but the updates will not install.

The message I receive is - 'failed retrieving 'community.db' from mirror.xeonbd.com: The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found.

I have it set to worldwide mirrors.

I am unfamiliar with the AUR and have not set the build directory. Currently it is set to none.

I’m in the USA and just set mirrors to USA, refreshed mirrors list. I received the same message.

In the upper right hand corner a pop-up appears saying package manager failed to synchronize any databases.

I’ve been using Mint regular and LMDE for many years and when I pick mirrors I get a list of local mirrors. In Manjaro I’m just getting USA. Am I supposed to install something?

Any suggestions.

Hi!
Try to run
sudo pacman -Syyu
Post any error

:: Synchronizing package databases...
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirrors.ucr.ac.cr : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from manjaro.telecoms.bg : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirror.xeonbd.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed to update core (unexpected error)
error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db' from mirrors.ucr.ac.cr : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db' from manjaro.telecoms.bg : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db' from mirror.xeonbd.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed to update extra (unexpected error)
error: failed retrieving file 'community.db' from mirrors.ucr.ac.cr : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'community.db' from manjaro.telecoms.bg : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'community.db' from mirror.xeonbd.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed to update community (unexpected error)
error: failed to synchronize all databases

This is my mirror list and it may be the heart of the problem

##
## Manjaro Linux default mirrorlist
## Generated on 2020-09-24 08:20
##
## Please use 'pacman-mirrors -f [NUMBER] [NUMBER]' to modify mirrorlist
## (Use 0 for all mirrors)
##

## Country : Costa_Rica
Server = https://mirrors.ucr.ac.cr/manjaro/x32-stable/$repo/$arch

## Country : Bulgaria
Server = http://manjaro.telecoms.bg/x32-stable/$repo/$arch

## Country : Bangladesh
Server = http://mirror.xeonbd.com/manjaro/x32-stable/$repo/$arch

The recent version of Manjaro is 20.1.

Try install that version.

And pacman-mirror -f10

I can’t add 20 because this is a 32 bit machine.

Read this Dropping 32-bit support - Again ?!? - manjaro32 - Manjaro Linux Forum

1 Like

Thanks.

Looks like I put Mint Mate back on the computer or maybe LMDE.

The only other computer that I would give Manjaro a whirl is an Asus 100T netbook. But it is a 32 bit OS with 64 bit hardware. I have to add boot32 to any 64 bit distro that I try. Works — oh well but not for Manjaro. The little trick won’t work with Manjaro. The stick goes direct to grub>

So I guess I’m done trying to check out Manjaro because I won’t experiment on my daily driver work computers.