Can't update an old Manjaro install because of dependencies

This is what I get, trying to update after more than 2 years and a half an old Manjaro:

pacman -Syyu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                                     165.6 KiB  3.23 MiB/s 00:00 [#################################################] 100%
 extra                                                   1955.5 KiB  4.81 MiB/s 00:00 [#################################################] 100%
 community                                                  7.3 MiB  5.80 MiB/s 00:01 [#################################################] 100%
 multilib                                                 180.5 KiB  4.76 MiB/s 00:00 [#################################################] 100%
:: Some packages should be upgraded first...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (4) base-3-2  archlinux-keyring-20220831-1  manjaro-keyring-20220514-2  manjaro-system-20220727-1

Total Download Size:   0.54 MiB
Total Installed Size:  2.28 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0.82 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
:: Retrieving packages...
 manjaro-keyring-20220514-2-any                           548.8 KiB  4.70 MiB/s 00:00 [#################################################] 100%
(4/4) checking keys in keyring                                                        [#################################################] 100%
(4/4) checking package integrity                                                      [#################################################] 100%
error: manjaro-keyring: signature from "Mark Wagie <mark@manjaro.org>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/manjaro-keyring-20220514-2-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] 
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace breath2-icon-themes with community/plasma5-themes-breath? [Y/n] 
:: Replace crda with core/wireless-regdb? [Y/n] 
:: Replace hunspell-en_US with extra/hunspell-en_us? [Y/n] 
:: Replace hwids with core/hwdata? [Y/n] 
:: Replace kwayland-server with extra/kwin? [Y/n] 
:: Replace lib32-libcanberra-pulse with multilib/lib32-libcanberra? [Y/n] 
:: Replace libcanberra-pulse with extra/libcanberra? [Y/n] 
:: Replace plasma5-themes-breath2 with community/plasma5-themes-breath? [Y/n] 
:: Replace python-dbus with extra/dbus-python? [Y/n] 
:: Replace python-dbus-common with extra/dbus-python? [Y/n] 
:: Replace python-pyqtwebengine with extra/python-pyqt5-webengine? [Y/n] 
:: Replace qca with extra/qca-qt5? [Y/n] 
:: Replace qtkeychain with extra/qtkeychain-qt5? [Y/n] 
:: Replace qwtpolar with extra/qwt? [Y/n] 
:: Replace sdl with community/sdl12-compat? [Y/n] 
:: Replace steam-manjaro with multilib/steam? [Y/n] 
:: Replace wxgtk-common with extra/wxwidgets-common? [Y/n] 
:: Replace wxgtk3 with extra/wxwidgets-gtk3? [Y/n] 
:: Replace xdg-desktop-portal-gtk with extra/xdg-desktop-portal-gnome? [Y/n] 
resolving dependencies...
:: There are 2 providers available for pipewire-session-manager:
:: Repository extra
   1) pipewire-media-session  2) wireplumber

Enter a number (default=1): 
looking for conflicting packages...
:: dbus-python and python2-dbus are in conflict. Remove python2-dbus? [y/N] y
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing lib32-libcanberra (1:0.30+r2+gc0620e4-1) breaks dependency 'lib32-libcanberra=0.30+2+gc0620e4-3' required by lib32-libcanberra-gstreamer
:: installing libcanberra (1:0.30+r2+gc0620e4-1) breaks dependency 'libcanberra=0.30+2+gc0620e4-3' required by libcanberra-gstreamer
:: installing pacman (6.0.1-12) breaks dependency 'pacman<5.3' required by package-query

I see there is an error with the first partial upgrade and another one with the full system upgrade.
Normally I would try uninstalling the packages that have unsatisfied dependencies, I fear i could break something important here. What should I do?

Remove package-query, that was dropped from the repos a long time ago.

1 Like

A distro like Manjaro requires that you keep it up to date. What you are experiencing is the result of not updating. Personally Iā€™d get a new ISO and start from scratch

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.