Can't start onlyoffice AppImage

Hello I need some help here since it might be a very simple issue.
I can start AppImages just fine, but the Onlyoffice one (regardless of version) says:

./DesktopEditors-x86_64. AppImage ./DesktopEditors: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libtiff. so.6: undefined symbol: jpeg12_write_raw_data, version L IBJPEG_8.0

What does it mean? Probably an update screwed up.

appimage is self-contained so it is likely the maintainer of the appimage.

I suggest you redownload the image.

1 Like

I thought so too, but I was able to run it before, and I tried other versions and it also doesn’t work.

Anyone can create an appimage …

Behold! AppImages are usually not verified by others. Follow these instructions only if you trust the developer of the software. Use at your own risk!
ONLYOFFICE – AppImages

2 Likes

I would agree with the previous sentiments. Downloading the file again may help if the package isn’t simply borked from the onset.

Another thing you might try is to delete the cache folder from your respective distribution, and reboot, after swapping the .appimage file.

Cheers.

1 Like

where’s the cache folder? is there a command to clear that up?

It simply means, that in this version of the library the symbol jpeg12_write_raw_data is not present, thus the main executable cannot run. Possibly a rename of the symbol?!

Possible problem would be wrong linking: Maybe libtiff.so.5 is needed/included in the AppImage, but it was not linked to that one. Instead it is dynamically linked to system libs.

2 Likes

In an arch-based system the cache forlder is usually located at ~/.cache - you can delete it with rm -rf ~/.cache.

That said, this may have no effect being that it’s an .appImage file.
Clarification needed - Anybody want to jump in?

That aside, keep monitoring here for an updated .appImage release, or try via AUR onlyoffice-bin instead. Cheers.

2 Likes

Why use a container for a program that is available without using a container?

1 Like

Because it’s portable, lighter, faster, and usually don’t have any issues.

Yes.

No, most definitely not.

I don’t see how.

But apparently you do now.

3 Likes

Well I don’t know maybe you’re using different AppImages, I’m not a fanatical advocate, i’m just telling my experiences and I prefer them.

Nope, no AppImages, Snaps or FlatPaks on my system. :grin:

Well, good luck then trying to fix a broken AppImage. We’ve given you the solution, but if you won’t accept it, then that’s on you, I’m afraid. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

What are talking about, I’m using the AUR one for Onlyoffice. Last time I reply.

You did not mention that anywhere. @soundofthunder was the one who advised you to try an AUR package, but you never followed up on that. Instead you kept on saying AppImages are better (in your opinion).

But fine, if your AUR version works, then this thread can be closed. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.