Can't make update

every time i want to make update i got this

sudo pacman -Syyu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                                          143.7 KiB  50.2 KiB/s 00:03 [#####################################################] 100%
 extra                                                           8.6 MiB  1227 KiB/s 00:07 [#####################################################] 100%
 community                                                      29.0   B  29.0   B/s 00:01 [#####################################################] 100%
 multilib                                                      144.3 KiB   146 KiB/s 00:01 [#####################################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do

can someone help please :slight_smile:

First of all, don’t use -Syyu unless you’re also updating your mirrors. Use -Syu.

Secondly — and now it’s appropriate :stuck_out_tongue: — try updating your mirrors first… :point_down:

sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu

Be sure to let it finish, no matter how long it takes. Do not interrupt the process.

If you still get the same results after that, then you probably are up to date already. However, we can check that with the output of… :point_down:

uname -r

This should tell us what kernel you’re running, and considering that every major update bundle always includes kernel updates, it should be easy to tell whether you are indeed up to date or not.

Can you post inxi -Fza ?

That is the latest 6.1 kernel in the Stable branch. In other words, you are up to date already. :wink:

Except that you have unmerged pacnew files because i see the community repo.

2 Likes