Can't install hugo through pacman

Every other package works fine. But when I do sudo pacman -S hugo I get the following errors:-

~ ❯ sudo pacman -S hugo
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Package (1)     New Version  Net Change  Download Size

community/hugo  0.88.1-1      61.01 MiB      13.42 MiB

Total Download Size:   13.42 MiB
Total Installed Size:  61.01 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
:: Retrieving packages...
 hugo-0.88.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst failed to download
error: failed retrieving file 'hugo-0.88.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from download.nus.edu.sg : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'hugo-0.88.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from manjaro.moson.eu : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'hugo-0.88.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.23m.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'hugo-0.88.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.truenetwork.ru : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'hugo-0.88.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.koddos.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'hugo-0.88.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.gigenet.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'hugo-0.88.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from ftpmirror1.infania.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'hugo-0.88.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from ossmirror.mycloud.services : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (failed to retrieve some files)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I use the unstable branch. Is there anything I can do to fix this or am I gonna have to build from source?

Have you tried refreshing your mirror list? Some of the mirrors are slow to update. :arrow_down:

sudo pacman-mirrors -f 5 && sudo pacman -Syyu && sudo pacman -S hugo

Thanks, that worked. But the first command generated really slow mirrors and the update took like 20 minutes (I live in Asia and the fastest mirror was from South America) . Is there any way to generate faster ones?

Edit: nevermind. Ran pacman-mirrors again and it generated a faster mirror

f5 is just 5 working randoms … consult other options …

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.