Can't Boot After Last update - Grub can't update

Ok firstly forgive me for the lack of information && ramblings here, but I’ll try and do my best to remain concise.

A few days ago I wanted to install a new package and used yay -Syu and was prompted to update a whole slew of packages; ok let’s update. In the middle of a very lengthy update process my wife called me away from my desk and when I returned my GUI was down and I was in a terminal with some errors (which I unfortunately didn’t note, nor do I recall)

I tired a sudo shutdown -r command to reboot and see where I was post reboot but the command didn’t do anything; didn’t throw any errors, didn’t hang, just didn’t do anything. I thought this was odd but I was running out of time and needed to leave the house shortly. So I resorted to holding the power button and doing a forced reboot.

When I rebooted grub prompted me with the error vmlinux-5.15-x86_64 not found

I figured my update must have gotten interrupted and borked things so I selected my windows drive and booted into that to make a LIVE USB. So I reboot again, change boot order, boot into USB; then I run

sudo su -
manjaro-chroot -a

followed by yay -Syu to see if my updates are done or my db is locked, and indeed I get the locked error message and was unable to update.

So I ran

rm /var/lib/pacman/db.lck
yay -Syu

and the only package that was available to update was ceph; which when I attempted to updated failed cause the system “wasn’t booted with systemd” or something along that affect.

I guess this is a good time to mention that my system had been failing to update the ceph package for a few weeks now due to a series of errors I hadn’t understood (and still don’t) and I was just moving on with my life and had forgotten about it until now.

So I don’t have any other packages to update thus they must have finished the first time around and I’m still lost as to how my GUI went belly up and how I initially returned to a terminal that wouldn’t run basic commands, or a grub that wouldn’t boot.

Ok so moving on, I ran

mkinitcpio -P
update-grub

and got an error… well a few errors; both of which were from the update-grub command

grub-probe: error: cannot find a GRUB drive for /dev/sda1. Check your device.map.

&&

ERROR: mkdir /var/lock/dmraid

I was unsure if these were straight up errors or warning so I attempted to reboot into manjaro and see if I solved the booting issue and was met with the same message about my 5.15 kernel not being detected and needing to load a kernel first.

Ok so back into the LIVE instance; this time I chroot’d and ran mhwd-kernel -li to see what kernels I had installed and it indeed found linux515. So I thought ok what if I install a older kernel and see if grub will update with that; then maybe I can at least boot and update my kernel from within manjaro without chroot’ing.
I ran mhwd-kernel -i linux510 and it installed.
I ran update-grub again and this time it updated without giving me any errors

PROBLEMS SOLVED I AM A GENUIS… he said to himself before utter defeat.
I reboot and not my grub menu only has “change UEFI options”, or whatever it is; my linux kernel (that wasn’t working) isn’t even in the list anymore, nor is the 5.10 kernel I just installed or my windows drive.

So I reboot and sudo su && chroot again and then try reinstalling grub by running

mv /etc/grub.d/ /etc/grub.d.BAK
pacman -S grub
update-grub

AND I’m back to the original aforementioned grub errors

grub-probe: error: cannot find a GRUB drive for /dev/sda1. Check your device.map.

&&

So… I’m all out of ideas and couldn’t find anything on the forums here that was specifically tailored to my misery so I’ve made an acct and I am here asking for you’re help. Please Manjaro community; save me, you are my only hope.

If kernel is gone, then all you have to do is just install it again.

mhwd-kernel -li showed/shows that it was indeed installed; and I installed 5.10 (which now shows up as an installed kernel alongside 5.15) and neither are showing in my grub menu

[manjaro-cinnamon etc]# mhwd-kernel -li
Currently running: 5.15.48-1-MANJARO (linux515)
The following kernels are installed in your system:
   * linux510
   * linux515
[manjaro-cinnamon etc]# 
[manjaro-cinnamon etc]# 
[manjaro-cinnamon etc]# mhwd-kernel -i linux515
Error: You can't reinstall your current kernel. Please use 'pacman -Syu' instead to update.
[manjaro-cinnamon etc]# 
[manjaro-cinnamon etc]# pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community                                                                                                                                                           7.5 MiB  8.30 MiB/s 00:01 [########################################################################################################################] 100%
 multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do
[manjaro-cinnamon etc]#

Either this isn’t chroot or you are 30 versions behind.

It is indeed chroot’d as I can see my home folder && files from my manjaro drive.

30 versions behind what; my kernel?
I was under the impression 5.15 was the current LTS that I should be using

Ah nevermind, this thing shows live iso’s kernel.
Run

pacman -Syu linux515

instead of that mhwd.

I am met with these errors when I try and do that.
Full output can’t be included as it’s too big, but I added a more complete semi-redacted version below

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
More Complete Output
[manjaro@manjaro-cinnamon ~]$ sudo su -
[manjaro-cinnamon ~]# manjaro-chroot -a
grub-probe: error: cannot find a GRUB drive for /dev/sda1.  Check your device.map.
grub-probe: error: cannot find a GRUB drive for /dev/sda1.  Check your device.map.
==> Mounting (ManjaroLinux) [/dev/nvme1n1p2]
 --> mount: [/mnt]
 --> mount: [/mnt/boot/efi]
[manjaro-cinnamon /]# pacman -Syu linux515
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
warning: linux515-5.15.76-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) linux515-5.15.76-1

Total Installed Size:  104.72 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                                                                                                                                 [########################################################################################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                                                                                                                               [########################################################################################################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                                                                                                                                    [########################################################################################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                                                                                                                              [########################################################################################################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
linux515: /boot/linux515-x86_64.kver exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/extramodules exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/kernel/arch/x86/crypto/aegis128-aesni.ko.xz exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/kernel/arch/x86/crypto/aesni-intel.ko.xz exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/kernel/arch/x86/crypto/blowfish-x86_64.ko.xz exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/kernel/arch/x86/crypto/camellia-aesni-avx-x86_64.ko.xz exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/kernel/arch/x86/crypto/camellia-aesni-avx2.ko.xz exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/kernel/arch/x86/crypto/camellia-x86_64.ko.xz exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/kernel/arch/x86/crypto/cast5-avx-x86_64.ko.xz exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/kernel/arch/x86/crypto/cast6-avx-x86_64.ko.xz exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/kernel/arch/x86/crypto/chacha-x86_64.ko.xz exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/kernel/arch/x86/crypto/crc32-pclmul.ko.xz exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/kernel/virt/lib/irqbypass.ko.xz exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/kernelbase exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/modules.alias exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/modules.alias.bin exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/modules.builtin exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/modules.builtin.alias.bin exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/modules.builtin.bin exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/modules.builtin.modinfo exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/modules.dep exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/modules.dep.bin exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/modules.devname exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/modules.order exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/modules.softdep exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/modules.symbols exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/modules.symbols.bin exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/pkgbase exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/vmlinuz exists in filesystem
linux515: /usr/lib/modules/extramodules-5.15-MANJARO/version exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
[manjaro-cinnamon /]# 

Add --overwrite '*' to the command.

I’m seeing the same initial grub errors I faced a few days ago

Generating grub configuration file ...
Warning: os-prober will be executed to detect other bootable partitions.
Its output will be used to detect bootable binaries on them and create new boot entries.
Adding boot menu entry for UEFI Firmware Settings ...
done
[manjaro-cinnamon /]#

Also not seeing it adding an entry for any of the three linux kernels (I also tried installing the 5.19 RC before you’re first reply) or my windows drive.

Current Installed Kernel List
[manjaro-cinnamon /]# mhwd-kernel -li
Currently running: 5.15.48-1-MANJARO (linux515)
The following kernels are installed in your system:
   * linux510
   * linux515
   * linux519-rt
[manjaro-cinnamon /]#

But i’ll reboot and see what happens to confirm my suspicion.

Full Output
[manjaro-cinnamon /]# pacman -Syu linux515 --overwrite '*'
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
warning: linux515-5.15.76-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) linux515-5.15.76-1

Total Installed Size:  104.72 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                                                                                                                                 [########################################################################################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                                                                                                                               [########################################################################################################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                                                                                                                                    [########################################################################################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                                                                                                                              [########################################################################################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                                                                                                                                                            [########################################################################################################################] 100%
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) reinstalling linux515                                                                                                                                                                    [########################################################################################################################] 100%
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6EglFsKmsSupport.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6OpenGLWidgets.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: file /usr/lib/librsvg-2.so is truncated

ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickTest.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdcerpc.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5WebEngine.so.5.15.11 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickDialogs2Utils.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickLayouts.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Widgets.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsmbclient.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libOSMesa.so.8.0.0 is truncated

ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QmlModels.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5WebEngineWidgets.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libjavascriptcoregtk-4.1.so.0.2.4 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5WebEngineWidgets.so.5 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickControls2Impl.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamba-passdb.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickControls2.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Quick.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Test.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libndr-krb5pac.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libopen-rte.so.40 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6OpenGL.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmca_common_cuda.so.40 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpi_usempi_ignore_tkr.so.40 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/librubberband.so.2.2.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Sql.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5WebEngine.so.5.15 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libndr.so.3 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpathutil.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5WebEngineWidgets.so.5.15.11 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdcerpc-binding.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5WebEngineWidgets.so.5.15 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libompitrace.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libndr-standard.so.0.0.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libwbclient.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamba-policy.cpython-310-x86-64-linux-gnu.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickDialogs2Utils.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6LabsSharedImage.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libhandle.so.1.0.3 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QmlModels.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libwolfssl.so.35 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libompitrace.so.40.30.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QmlCore.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickDialogs2Utils.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/librubberband.so.2 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libtorrent-rasterbar.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6EglFsKmsGbmSupport.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdmmp.so.0.2.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libhandle.so.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Core.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libspice-client-glib-2.0.so.8.8.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickLayouts.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Xml.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Sql.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5Pdf.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5WebKitWidgets.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamdb.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libspice-client-glib-2.0.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickDialogs2.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5WebEngineCore.so.5 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Concurrent.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdcerpc-server.so.0.0.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdcerpc-server-core.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Network.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmca_common_sm.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libminizip.so.1.0.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamba-credentials.so.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmca_common_cuda.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6EglFsKmsGbmSupport.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libopen-pal.so.40 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5Pdf.so.5.15 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libwebkit2gtk-4.1.so.0.2.4 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QmlLocalStorage.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmujs.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickTest.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpi_cxx.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5Pdf.so.5.15.11 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Quick.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libwebkit2gtk-4.0.so.37 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libpyside6.cpython-310-x86_64-linux-gnu.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdcerpc-binding.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpathvalid.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsmbconf.so.0.0.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6OpenGL.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmca_common_ompio.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmca_common_ompio.so.41 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Xml.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdcerpc-samr.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Concurrent.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/librubberband.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libshiboken6.cpython-310-x86_64-linux-gnu.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6LabsSettings.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5WebKitWidgets.so.5.212.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/librubberband-jni.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsmbclient.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpi_usempi_ignore_tkr.so.40.30.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libwebkit2gtk-4.0.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdcerpc-server-core.so.0.0.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libnetapi.so.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libtorrent-rasterbar.so.2.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamba-util.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickWidgets.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libwebkit2gtk-4.0.so.37.57.4 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libpmix.so.2 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsmbldap.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6LabsAnimation.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libostree-1.so.1.0.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libtevent-util.so.0.0.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsmbldap.so.2 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libndr-nbt.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6LabsSharedImage.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpi_usempif08.so.40 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libtevent-util.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickParticles.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdcerpc-server-core.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6LabsWavefrontMesh.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Quick.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpi.so.40.30.4 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpathcmd.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libxcb-cursor.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Core.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6DBus.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsmbconf.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamdb.so.0.0.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QmlXmlListModel.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpi_usempif08.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickDialogs2QuickImpl.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libicudata.so.72.1 is truncated

ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libompitrace.so.40 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QmlWorkerScript.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Widgets.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libxcb-cursor.so.0.0.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libpmix.so.2.6.2 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickControls2Impl.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libpyside6qml.cpython-310-x86_64-linux-gnu.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5WebKit.so.5 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libndr-nbt.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libwbclient.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmultipath.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdmmp.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickDialogs2.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libpyside6qml.cpython-310-x86_64-linux-gnu.so.6.4.0.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libpyside6qml.cpython-310-x86_64-linux-gnu.so.6.4 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libostree-1.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickShapes.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamba-hostconfig.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libpyside6.cpython-310-x86_64-linux-gnu.so.6.4 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpathpersist.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libpmix.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libopen-pal.so.40.30.2 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libshiboken6.cpython-310-x86_64-linux-gnu.so.6.4 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5PdfWidgets.so.5.15.11 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libnetapi.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libvte-2.91.so.0.7000.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickParticles.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickParticles.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: file /usr/lib/librsvg-2.so.2.48.0 is truncated

ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmultipath.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsmbclient.so.0.7.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libtorrent-rasterbar.so.2.0.8 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpi_cxx.so.40.30.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libwolfssl.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickShapes.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmca_common_monitoring.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libopen-rte.so.40.30.2 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6LabsFolderListModel.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickTemplates2.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libicudata.so.72 is truncated

ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libspice-client-gtk-3.0.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libvte-2.91.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamba-credentials.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5WebKit.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickWidgets.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsmbconf.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickDialogs2QuickImpl.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdcerpc-server.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libostree-1.so.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libjavascriptcoregtk-4.1.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libnss_winbind.so.2 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamba-policy.cpython-310-x86-64-linux-gnu.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Test.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamba-credentials.so.1.0.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickControls2Impl.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpathutil.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libjavascriptcoregtk-4.0.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libndr-standard.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdcerpc.so.0.0.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libspice-client-gtk-3.0.so.5.1.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5Pdf.so.5 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libminizip.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libhandle.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libndr-krb5pac.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libvte-2.91.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5PdfWidgets.so.5 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5WebEngine.so.5 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libminizip.so.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libvulkan_radeon.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpi_usempif08.so.40.30.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdcerpc.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6OpenGL.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamba-util.so.0.0.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6LabsAnimation.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libspice-client-gtk-3.0.so.5 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libwebkit2gtk-4.1.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5PdfWidgets.so.5.15 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamba-passdb.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickWidgets.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6LabsAnimation.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickTemplates2.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Qml.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6EglFSDeviceIntegration.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libndr-krb5pac.so.0.0.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libndr.so.3.0.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libwolfssl.so.35.2.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: file /usr/lib/librsvg-2.so.2 is truncated

ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6LabsFolderListModel.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6OpenGLWidgets.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QmlCompiler.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QmlCompiler.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6LabsSettings.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libjavascriptcoregtk-4.0.so.18.21.4 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Gui.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6LabsQmlModels.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickDialogs2.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Xml.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6LabsFolderListModel.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libvulkan_intel.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Qml.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6LabsQmlModels.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5WebEngineCore.so.5.15 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5WebEngine.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdcerpc-samr.so.0.0.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QmlWorkerScript.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6PrintSupport.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamba-errors.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Widgets.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Gui.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6PrintSupport.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QmlCore.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libOSMesa.so is truncated

ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpi_mpifh.so.40 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5WebEngineCore.so.5.15.11 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamba-hostconfig.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Network.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6PrintSupport.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmca_common_sm.so.40.30.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QmlModels.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6EglFsKmsSupport.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6EglFsKmsGbmSupport.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Concurrent.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamba-passdb.so.0.28.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmca_common_monitoring.so.50 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5WebKit.so.5.212.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libshiboken6.cpython-310-x86_64-linux-gnu.so.6.4.0.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libyelp.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpathcmd.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6EglFSDeviceIntegration.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libyelp.so.0.0.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6LabsSharedImage.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamba-policy.cpython-310-x86-64-linux-gnu.so.0.0.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6EglFSDeviceIntegration.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5WebEngineCore.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpi_mpifh.so.40.30.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6XcbQpa.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpathpersist.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libjavascriptcoregtk-4.1.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpi_mpifh.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libicudata.so is truncated

ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libnss_wins.so.2 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6LabsSettings.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6LabsWavefrontMesh.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libndr-nbt.so.0.0.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QmlCore.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Qml.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Sql.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libndr-standard.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libyelp.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmca_common_sm.so.40 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QmlCompiler.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickShapes.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmca_common_monitoring.so.50.20.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmca_common_cuda.so.40.30.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamba-errors.so.1.0.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libtevent-util.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QmlWorkerScript.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpi_cxx.so.40 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libwebkit2gtk-4.1.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpi.so.40 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5WebKitWidgets.so.5 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickTest.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsmbldap.so.2.1.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmca_common_ompio.so.41.29.4 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libopen-rte.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QmlXmlListModel.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6XcbQpa.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamba-hostconfig.so.0.0.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libwbclient.so.0.15 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdcerpc-binding.so.0.0.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6EglFsKmsSupport.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpi.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamba-util.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libpyside6.cpython-310-x86_64-linux-gnu.so.6.4.0.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickControls2.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt5PdfWidgets.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickTemplates2.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libxcb-cursor.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6DBus.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libspice-client-glib-2.0.so.8 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6LabsWavefrontMesh.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QmlXmlListModel.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamdb.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Network.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdcerpc-samr.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libnetapi.so.1.0.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6XcbQpa.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickLayouts.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6LabsQmlModels.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Gui.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libsamba-errors.so.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdcerpc-server.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6DBus.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpi_usempi_ignore_tkr.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QmlLocalStorage.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickControls2.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libOSMesa.so.8 is truncated

ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libndr.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QmlLocalStorage.so.6.4.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libopen-pal.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Core.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6OpenGLWidgets.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libmpathvalid.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6QuickDialogs2QuickImpl.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libQt6Test.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libjavascriptcoregtk-4.0.so.18 is empty, not checked.
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/4) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(2/4) Updating module dependencies...
depmod: ERROR: failed to load symbols from /lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/extramodules/nvidia-modeset.ko.xz: Invalid argument
depmod: ERROR: failed to load symbols from /lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/extramodules/nvidia-peermem.ko.xz: Invalid argument
depmod: ERROR: failed to load symbols from /lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/extramodules/nvidia-drm.ko.xz: Invalid argument
depmod: ERROR: failed to load symbols from /lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/extramodules/nvidia-uvm.ko.xz: Invalid argument
depmod: ERROR: failed to load symbols from /lib/modules/5.15.76-1-MANJARO/extramodules/nvidia.ko.xz: Invalid argument
(3/4) Updating Kernel initcpios for Nvidia-DRM...
(4/4) Updating Grub-Bootmenu
Generating grub configuration file ...
Warning: os-prober will be executed to detect other bootable partitions.
Its output will be used to detect bootable binaries on them and create new boot entries.
Adding boot menu entry for UEFI Firmware Settings ...
done
[manjaro-cinnamon /]#

Yeah, because everything is broken.
Btw, edit your output as preformatted text.

Reinstall everything:

pacman -Syu $(pacman -Qnq) # can add --overwrite '*' here too

I’m out.

1 Like

Sorry about that, I’ve edited my posts hopefully making them easier to read.

I was indeed correct simply reinstalling the existing Kernel wasn’t enough; I ran the last command you provided and reinstalled 1306 packages so… here’s to another reboot and hoping for the best :crossed_fingers:

OK… so that worked and BLESS YOU for getting me up and running again.

I have a new grub theme for some reason and i had to run update-grub to get my windows drive to show again after booting into my manjaro drive for the first time after the reinstall. But hey resolved!!!

Thanks again

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.