Cannot write "ê/"ë" in my keyboard with the ^-key (^+e=ê) on terminal applications, but works non-terminal applications

Greetings and happy new year!

update: I finally reinstalled Manjaro. The problem is solved. I still have no idea why this happened. The initial question follows:

I come here as a last chance, after multiple tentative to find a solution for a problem that appeared suddenly (maybe after an update) and that is very annoying for the french-typing person and terminal lover I am!

I use Manjaro, with i3, but the problem is also present with plasma and seems non-correlated with the environment.

For this message, I will call the ^-key, the key to the right of the p on a French AZERTY keyboard, which has a ^ and ¨ and can be used to write ^ or ¨.

Since a few days, I cannot add ^ or ¨ accents to letters on my terminal (for example, with konsole or alacritty) such as

• ê with ^-key then e (same for o, u and any other letter)
  • ë with Shift+^ then e (same for o, u, and any other letter)
    The problem is also present on terminal applications such as nvim.

Nevertheless, this works for non-terminal applications such as Firefox. This doesn’t seem to be a problem of keyboards, my /etc/.
This doesn’t work even if I push space or right after it.

I tried with another terminals (kitty, alacrity) and the same problem appeared.

Nevertheless, the ^-key works perfectly on non-terminal applications such as Firefox or discord.

Also, I can write the character ^ on the terminal using the combination AltGr+9.

Finally, note that if I use keyboard configurations that set the ^-key as ^, such as the “no dead key” variant, I am able to use the touch on my terminal to write ‘^’, but the shortcuts ^+e or ^+o doesn’t work…

Do you have any idea what could be happening?

Thank you so much for reading me!

Here is my keyboard configuration file /etc/default/keyboards :

# KEYBOARD CONFIGURATION FILE

# Consult the keyboard(5) manual page.

XKBMODEL="pc105"
XKBLAYOUT="fr"
XKBVARIANT=""
XKBOPTIONS=""

BACKSPACE="guess"

Here is my locales /etc/default/locale :

LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_ADDRESS=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_MONETARY=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_NAME=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_NUMERIC=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_PAPER=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_TELEPHONE=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_TIME=fr_FR.UTF-8

Have you tried

LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8

After changing the file, don’t forget:

sudo locale-gen

and reboot.

Hi!

Sadly, this didn’t work.

Linux console/Keyboard configuration - ArchWiki

Did you go through that to make sure?

to check:
localectl list-keymaps

to set a keymap temporarily:
loadkeys *keymap*

check/edit:
/etc/vconsole.conf
to make it permanent

HTH

Yes. Didn’t work too. I even compare with my portable that have same values (same manjaro version) and not this bug!