Cannot upgrade with pacman: icu (75.1-1) breaks dependency 'icu<75' required by manjaro-settings-manager

Hello,
I’m struggling to make a massive update with pacman and trying to solve the icu (75.1-1) update.

I have tried to update the mirrors:

sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack && sudo pacman -Syu

I have deleted the orphan packages (I had issues with electron25 and electron22):

sudo pacman -Rs $(pacman -Qdtq)

I have manually installed libicuuc.so.75 downloading the tar, uncompressing it, moving it to /usr/bin and creating a symbolic link like said on the r/archlinux Oromis-Elda’s post title “libicuuc.so.75 - icu package update issues” .

The latest thing I’m trying is updating overwriting icu files with:

sudo pacman -Syyuu -overwrite "*" icu

At that point I receive the output saying manjaro is trying to install icu (75.1-1) and breaks dependency:

:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                              121,0 KiB   417 KiB/s 00:00 [##################################] 100%
 extra                               7,9 MiB  28,2 MiB/s 00:00 [##################################] 100%
 community                          45,0   B  1125   B/s 00:00 [##################################] 100%
 multilib                          138,4 KiB  3,38 MiB/s 00:00 [##################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace dbus-python with extra/python-dbus? [Y/n] Y
warning: nano-syntax-highlighting: downgrading from version 2020.10.10+10+g1aa64a8-2 to version 2020.10.10-1
warning: ranger: downgrading from version 1.9.3+719+g136416c7-1 to version 1.9.3-11
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing pacman (6.1.0-3) breaks dependency 'libalpm.so=13-64' required by libpamac
:: installing icu (75.1-1) breaks dependency 'icu<75' required by manjaro-settings-manager

Any ideas on how to solve this?
Thank you!

Hi @sucrebianc, and welcome!

See below:

1 Like

Thanks for replying!
I have tried to delete manjaro-settings-manager but it fails because is needed by manjaro-settings-notifier. When I try to delete both, pacman says that manjaro-manager-notifier can’t be found.

❯ sudo pacman -Rns manjaro-settings-manager                                                               
[sudo] password for sucrebianc:                                                                               
checking dependencies...                                                                                  
:: removing manjaro-settings-manager breaks dependency 'manjaro-settings-manager' required by manjaro-settings-manager-notifier                                                                                     
❯ sudo pacman -Rns manjaro-settings-manager manjaro-manager-notifier                                      
error: target not found: manjaro-manager-notifier                                                         
❯ sudo pacman -Rns manjaro-settings-manager                                                               
checking dependencies...                                                                                  
:: removing manjaro-settings-manager breaks dependency 'manjaro-settings-manager' required by manjaro-settings-manager-notifier   

I’m kind of new to Manjaro and arch world, maybe I’m not seeing something.

Oh! And I use i3 as a WM.

EDIT: My Bad, I had a typo on manjaro-settings-manager-notifier. Your answer solved the problem. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.