Cannot upgrade latest stable

I am running MANJARO 6.4.9-1- KDE. I cannot update the system because of gpg errors, I think Arch Keyring.
The commands I have tried are:

sudo pacman-mirrors -c Global && sudo pacman -Syyu
sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu
sudo systemctl restart archlinux-keyring-wkd-sync.service
sudo pacman-key --init
sudo systemctl restart archlinux-keyring-wkd-sync.service

If I enter sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu, the system updates the repos and d/l the updates as usual but then I get dozens of errors such as:

error: iana-etc: signature from "Jelle van der Waa <jelle@archlinux.org>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/iana-etc-20230803-1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n]

error: glibc: signature from "Frederik Schwan <freswa@archlinux.org>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/glibc-2.38-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n]

I hit default (Y) on what seemed like dozens of these errors and tried again but nothing I do gets rid of these errors returning.

There are lots of messages in the forum with the same issue, search button doesn’t bite. :wink:

Thanks post #5 in keyring error was the solution for me. :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.