Hi, I’m trying to use a pinyin input method to type simplified Chinese, but it doesn’t work in some apps. It works great it
xed (Text Editor) and Firefox, Terminal, Thunderbird, even Calculator! But it doesn’t work in Telegram or Anki.
I tried fcitx and IBus, but both have the same issue.
fcitx have an FAQ page for this. It doesn’t seem to be a problem with GTK applications as Gedit works fine. The test for checking Qt applications must be outdated because it doesn’t make any sense. I also tried different suggested configurations for .bashrc in this Arch wiki article.
Please let me know if I need to provide any extra information, and I hope I have adequately described my problem.
(I couldn’t include links in my post, sorry; I guess it’s because this is a new account)