Cannot start octave as it depends on libmpi 4.0

When starting octave on command line, it prompts:

/usr/lib/octave/7.3.0/exec/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/octave-gui: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libmpi.so.40: undefined symbol: opal_memchecker_base_mem_noaccess

It seems latest octave doesn’t compatible with libmpi4.0. I don’t know how to fix it.

Hi @mountqi, and welcome!

I don’t know how to fix the error, butt I can point you in this direction and give you this:

:bangbang: Tip: :bangbang:

When posting terminal output, copy the output and paste it here, wrapped in three (3) backticks, before AND after the pasted text. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

Or three (3) tilde signs, like this:

~~~
pasted text
~~~

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Sed
sollicitudin dolor
eget nisl elit id
condimentum
arcu erat varius
cursus sem quis eros.

Instead of like this:

Sed sollicitudin dolor eget nisl elit id condimentum arcu erat varius cursus sem quis eros.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as described above.

Thereby increasing legibility thus making it easier for those trying to provide assistance.

For more information, please see:

:bangbang::bangbang: Additionally

If your language isn’t English, please prepend any and all terminal commands with LC_ALL=C. For example:

LC_ALL=C bluetoothctl

This will just cause the terminal output to be in English, making it easier to understand and debug.

Please verify your system is up-to-date

sudo pacman -Syu