Cannot install Qt Creator properly from 'qtcreator' package

Ok I didn’t know you had the same result. I just saw all the people that said they were using it with no problem. But maybe they didn’t see that I was trying to use it with Qt6 not Qt5.

So now I’m still at a loss because Design Studio won’t allow javascript in the QML. I need Qt Creator for that but Qt Creator won’t parse the code. Design Studio even uses a custom module of its own.

And yes, I saw a lot of people who just got frustrated and abandoned Qt altogether as well as people it was working for.

A friendly tip, start with qt5 as it is the actual revision recommended and learn the basics first before coming up with obscure demands !
there is no reason for qt6 until the big update/upgrade is coming and then it will be upgraded to qt6 automatically.

I have already done a big project in Qt 5. That’s what I did it all by hand in. But there are a lot of new features in Qt 6 that I want to use. What do you mean by update? Qt 6 is the recommended version. The unified installer doesn’t even have Qt5 and I can’t find it for download anywhere so that tells me it is obsolete. But then like I said, the Qt documents leave a lot up for interpretation.

So by you saying “there is no reason for qt6 until the big update/upgrade is coming” does that mean Qt5 is still considered the preferred version?

I built a project with Qt 5 and I got this:

QML module does not contain information about components contained in plugins.

Module path: /usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/ksysguard/faces
See "Using QML Modules with Plugins" in the documentation.

Automatic type dump of QML module failed.
Errors:
"/usr/bin/qmlplugindump" returned exit code 3.
Arguments: -nonrelocatable org.kde.ksysguard.faces 1.0 .
Found a dependency on QtQuick.Controls with two major versions:1.0 and 2.0 which is unsupported, discarding smaller version
Found a dependency on QtQuick.Controls with two major versions:1.0 and 2.1 which is unsupported, discarding smaller version
Found a dependency on QtQuick.Controls with two major versions:1.0 and 2.12 which is unsupported, discarding smaller version
Found a dependency on QtQuick.Controls with two major versions:1.0 and 2.13 which is unsupported, discarding smaller version
Found a dependency on QtQuick.Controls with two major versions:1.0 and 2.15 which is unsupported, discarding smaller version
Found a dependency on QtQuick.Controls with two major versions:1.0 and 2.2 which is unsupported, discarding smaller version
Found a dependency on QtQuick.Controls with two major versions:1.0 and 2.3 which is unsupported, discarding smaller version
Found a dependency on QtQuick.Controls with two major versions:1.0 and 2.4 which is unsupported, discarding smaller version
Found a dependency on QtQuick.Controls with two major versions:1.0 and 2.5 which is unsupported, discarding smaller version
Found a dependency on org.kde.plasma.components with two major versions:2.0 and 3.0 which is unsupported, discarding smaller version
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is QGuiApplication(0x564bffd345f0), parent's thread is QThread(0x564bffd34740), current thread is QThread(0x564bffd39d50)
(Parent is QGuiApplication(0x564bffd345f0), parent's thread is QThread(0x564bffd34740), current thread is QThread(0x564bffd39d50)
QObject::installEventFilter(): Cannot filter events for objects in a different thread.
Could not find any platform plugin
QQmlComponent: Component is not ready
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/ksysguard/faces/loaddependencies.qml:28:1: module "org.kde.plasma.plasmoid" is not installed

I will try it with a fresh install again.

So I did the following:

• Fresh partition install of Manjaro
  • Update Manjaro
  • Install every package that starts with qt5
  • Install qtcreator qtcreator-devel ninja cmake base-devel

So the examples were there and the kit was set to the Qt 5 install but I still get the same errors and it still does the same thing. The Qt Quick Designer plugin for Qt Creator is unusable.

If you are on Manjaro Stable with Plasma 5.27.11, then yes. The big upgrade @Olli is talking about is the transition from Plasma 5 to Plasma 6, which is entirely qt6-based.

At present time, Plasma 6 is already in Manjaro Testing, but considering the very incisive nature of this switchover and the as yet still buggy implementation of Plasma 6, it will probably still take a few updates to Plasma 6 from KDE upstream before Manjaro Stable will make that transition. Either way, it is on the way, and it’s only a matter of time.

Ok well I did also try Manjaro unstable with Qt6/Plasma 6 with all of this. It did the same thing. I installed that fresh too. Tried all the possibilities.

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but it’s been 2 weeks of false claims and going in circles.

It doesn’t seem to be an OS thing…qtcreator is installed correctly and works (though I don’t use it, I’ve just been replicating the issue). From what I’ve read it could be misconfiguration and/or a missing component, but either way it just doesn’t work with that plugin. Apparently even the Qt people say not to use said plugin, you should probably listen to them.

Re-installing qtcreator or the OS is not going to help…you have most definitely proven that. Feel free to keep searching for a solution yourself, just don’t waste too much time on it.

I think it’s time to accept that you will have to write QML, or figure out another way to do what you want.

1 Like

This may be fundamental, but it doesn’t seem to have been mentioned. You’re using an unsupported AUR package, when qtcreator already exists in the official Manjaro repositories:

sudo pacman -S qtcreator

Whether or not this factor alone will increase your potential success, I cannot say, however, it would probably be a fair beginning point before requesting support.

Cheers.

1 Like

@malibu This is going nowhere. We’ve tried to be patient with you, yet you keep pushing the envelope.

I’m going to close the thread again. Please do not create more duplicate topics about the same subject. This is your one and only heads up.

If you think more should be added to the thread, send a PM to @moderators and we may consider reopening it, however at this point it is highly unlikely.

2 Likes