Cannot get audio working (pulse audio hp spectre x360 convertible)

Hello,

I installed Manjaro XFCE on my laptop today following a windows corruption. This is not my first experience with Manjaro, I have installed it on an old laptop and have had no issues with that one. This time around I am unable to get the audio working. Please forgive me as I am relatively inexperienced with Linux and do not know which information to provide in order to fully explain the issue. I have been using the archlinux org website (audio section on my pc model) to try and figure this out. However, when I get to the step using “sudo hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0 0x01 SET_GPIO_DIR 0x01”, the command is not found on my computer. I would GREATLY appreciate any help.
p.s. When I plug in headphones, the audio plays in the headphones.

Nevermind, got the audio working one time using various methods. But it only worked one time. Doing the same thing after a restart didnt work the second, third, fourth, fifth, twelfth, ninetieth, etc, time. Returning it tomorrow. Me and a friend decided the hardware was inconsistent and broken.

I have the same problem… Tell me if you find a solution. I have to run the script whenever I open another app…

You need to install package alsa-tools that is not installed by default on Xfce. That has 3 tools for Intel HDA audio devices – hda-verb, hdajackretask and hdajacksensetest