Cannot enter the desktop environment after manjaro is started

Hello! I’m new to manjaro and I encountered three problems after I successfully installed manjaro with gnome. Information about my device is listed at the end of this post.

The first problem is that when I turn on my computer, the vendor’s logo(DELL) flashes three times, and then it gets stuck on that and the desktop environment is not displayed.
Then if I press the ctrl + alt + f2, the tty2 terminal appears, and then I press ctrl + alt + f1, a short line flashes in the upper left corner of the screen for a few seconds, and then the desktop environment starts successfully.
Although I could use that trick to enter the desktop, I still want to know how to solve this problem so that I can enter the desktop directly?

The second problem is that after the system hibernates automatically, I press the power button to try to restore the desktop environment, but the screen is black and I cannot enter the desktop environment, then I had no choice but to forcibly shut down my computer and restart it. So why that happens?

The last problem is that I could not adjust the screen brightness through the GUI, but the command xrandr --output eDP-1 --birghtness 0.8 works fine. Is there any way I can fix it?

Here is some information about my device:

Computer Model: Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7577

Kernel: x86_64 Linux 5.9.16-1-MANJARO
DE: GNOME 3.38.3
CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: 15878MiB

Graphics driver: video-hybrid-intel-prime
(I have two graphics cards)

Although not guaranteed to be the solution, this sort of thing often happens on machines ─ and especially laptops ─ that are too low on entropy at boot time, and then the solution is to install haveged. It’s a random number generator. :arrow_down:

sudo pacman -S haveged
sudo systemctl enable --now haveged.service

I’m afraid I cannot help you with the screen brightness issue. :man_shrugging:

Given that this thread is about two unrelated issues and that it pertains to a laptop, I’m moving this thread to the #support:laptop category. :slight_smile:

Thanks for reply but the haveged doesn’t work for me. Fortunately, the second and third problems were solved automatically after I upgraded the kernel to 5.10.15-1. :smiley:

Amazing! The first problem did not appear today, I can directly enter the system at startup, but I actually did nothing. It may also have somthing to do with the kernel version but it works a bit late. The only thing I did was install steam and vscode. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.