Cannot enable snaps on Manjaro

Hello, I want to enable snaps in order to install open office on my Manjaro KDE laptop. When I try to install snapd from Manjaro’s Add/Remove Software application, I get the following error: unable to lock database;failed to synchronize databases; failed to retrieve some files. I also tried from the terminal:

   ~  sudo pacman -S snapd                                                                           ✔ 
[sudo] password for user: 
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (3) apparmor-3.0.7-1  squashfs-tools-4.5.1-1  snapd-2.57.1-1

Total Download Size:   25.32 MiB
Total Installed Size:  65.80 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages...
 snapd-2.57.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst failed to download
 Total (1/2)                            25.3 MiB  5.03 MiB/s 00:05 [####################################] 100%
error: failed retrieving file 'snapd-2.57.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.futureweb.be : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'snapd-2.57.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.colocall.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'snapd-2.57.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from manjaro.ipacct.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'snapd-2.57.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from forksystems.mm.fcix.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'snapd-2.57.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from manjaro.c3sl.ufpr.br : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'snapd-2.57.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.aliyun.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (failed to retrieve some files)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
    ~  sudo systemctl enable --now snapd.socket                                             1 ✘  15s  
Failed to enable unit: Unit file snapd.socket does not exist.
    ~                                                                                               1 ✘ 

Try with sudo pacman -Syyu snapd instead.

Looks like your databases are out of date.

1 Like

You could install openoffice-bin from the AUR instead and avoid snaps.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/openoffice-bin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.