Cannot connect to wifi extender

Now this is useful info - it indicates your bridge/ap is using different authentication for 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.

Could you please recheck your configuration?

On a side note: It could also indicate the driver for the faulting band is not optimal - but it is more of a side note than actual troubleshooting.

But again, why am I not getting any IP? I’ve tried disconnecting all devices from the extender and still nothing works

Yes, now that I’ve reconfigured my extender the credentials are different for the two bands, I can’t be sure if this was the case before because very few of my devices actually see the 5GhZ extender network in their network list so I basically never use it. If this was a driver issue, how could I fix it?

I’ve tried updating the extender’s firmware, resetting it multiple times, changing the password, updating manjaro’s kernel and reinstalling the network drivers, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas on why could that be and possible solutions? Is there any other way I can install a driver other than using KDE’s tooling?

Just a quick reminder: the problem unfortunately is not solved yet. I’ve resorted to buying a powerline adapter and using that though