I had installed Arch Linux on my system and wanted to install yay… But after a while I found out I can’t connect to GitHub at all. Now I tried it with Manjaro and still cannot access the site (I only did this because I don’t know how to find out the answer needed for the registration on Arch forum. If you can help me to get it I’d appreciate it).
Sites like DuckDuckGo, Twitter and GitHub don’t wanna connect. YouTube and Google however work just fine. If you can help me it would be really nice.
PS: I think it is something with my network configuration like DNS and such since I can connect to the sites from my main PC.
Uhhhh… So I tried the dig command… It wasn’t found and as I did pacman -S bind it gave out the following:
warning: database file for 'extra' does not exist (use '-Sy' to download)
warning: database file for 'community' does not exist (use '-Sy' to download)
warning: database file for 'multilib' does not exist (use '-Sy' to download)
error: target not found: bind```
error: failed to update extra (no servers configured for repository)
error: failed to update community (no servers configured for repository)
error: failed to update multilib (no servers configured for repository)
error: failed to synchronize all databases```
Thanks… I did retype the command and it also made a full system update. But so it also updated Network Manager and then I restarted to see if it would work and still can’t connect. But at least I can run the two commands you mentioned.
dig github.com gives:
; <<>> DiG 9.16.13 <<>> github.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 57563
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;github.com. IN A
;; ANSWER SECTION:
github.com. 59 IN A 188.8.131.52
;; Query time: 10 msec
;; SERVER: fd00::f2b0:14ff:fe31:32c0#53(fd00::f2b0:14ff:fe31:32c0)
;; WHEN: So Mai 02 13:56:28 CEST 2021
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 55```
```curl https://github.com -v -o testfile``` gives:
``` % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0* Trying 184.108.40.206:443...
* Immediate connect fail for 220.127.116.11: Network is unreachable
* Closing connection 0
curl: (7) Couldn't connect to server```
PS: Ending these backticks doesn't seem to work properly...