Cannot build ffmpegthumbs-mattepaint

How to fix it?

I use Manjaro Testing

Moderator edit: Screenshot of text removed, please paste terminal output instead.

Hello @itnativa :wink:

Please copy the content and paste it here in a codeblock in markdown style, like:

~~~
code
~~~

Thanks.

From what I see it is waiting for unfinished jobs, that took to long to react and result in an error.

Check this:

grep "MAKEFLAGS=" /etc/makepkg.conf
1 Like

The packages wasn’t updated since 2018 and it downloads the source from a OpenSuse RPM distribution. (which I believe is weird.)
The official URL for the package isn’t available anymore ( http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/FFMpegThumbs-MattePaint?content=153902) so I guess you’re mostly out of luck for it to receive any fixes.

You could try to locate the error more detailed and ask the AUR maintainer about it.

2 Likes

Looks like you are right, the package is just outdated. It’s sad, I liked the program removed ugly frames from video thumbnails in Dolphin :frowning:

I could have sworn in an older version of ffmpegthumbs they gave you this option within Dolphin. (To enable/disable the “film strip” borders.)

I noticed ffmpegthumbs was updated recently, and they might have removed such an option. (Or removed it from Dolphin outright.)

EDIT: Just checked their GitHub, and they most certainty removed the button to configure video thumbnails. :frowning: Not only that, but now they made the “film strip” borders the default.

Who needs choice? :wink:

:sob:

I would be glad even the option in a text config…

I tried to do this myself, but to no avail.

Either it ignores the .cfg file, or it’s some sort of hard-coded option now.

1 Like