Cannot boot to bios, can boot to OS however

So, im on a freshly built PC using manjaro for a short period of time until i can get my bios issue figured out, but thats not really my question here.
I have been trying to access my bios for a about 4 days now, and i cannot under any circumstance worm my way into them, however i am able to boot into the OS so i figured that i would be able to maybe run the command:

systemctl reboot --firmware-setup

however in response to this, i get:

Cannot indicate to EFI to boot into setup mode: Firmware does not support boot into firmware

Im wondering if this could be related to me being unable to enter my bios, and as far as i can see being unable to even post, but somehow enter the OS. Ty to anyone who can help, ive been lost as to what to do for the past few days.

Just to check if you are indeed booted into efi

[ -d /sys/firmware/efi ] && echo UEFI || echo BIOS

Then on to that line about ‘not supporting’ … well you would have to consult your documentation for that.
It could be totally true that you have no supported access to your UEFI/BIOS. Horrendous, but true. Only the MOBO manufacturer (and you) know.
The same goes for any possible ability to get into it… maybe you need to use a special key or something.

On a new PC, I would assume that it has an UEFI.

What could have happened is that you booted and installed Manjaro in BIOS mode (CSM, legacy mode) and therefore you cannot access the UEFI through this command.

You need to access it at boot time…

1 Like

I had the same problem a few days ago. :thinking:

I had changed something in BIOS/UEFI. Then afterwards it booted fine, but it did not show anything at boot any more. Even GRUB was not visible, because the motherboard did not init the graphics any more. When booting, the kernel did init graphics, so i could work with the pc :sweat_smile:

I had to go, read the manual for my mainboard carefully to find how to reset to bios-defaults.

• After this i am again able to access my BIOS/UEFI again at boot (with F2) :sunglasses:
  • I see GRUB,
  • I can get into boot-selection with F11
  • (My pc even boots a lot faster after that :crazy_face:)

Normally, you can access the UEFI Bios with F2 or del.