Can I use Linux partition (/home) from Windows

Nice guide…

How can I use Manjaro /home partition in windows ?

I am thinking of Windows C partition, Linux / partition ,Linux /home partition which will be Windows D partition

You cannot - at least not directly.

You will have to install Windows subsystem for Linux from the Windows store and this only works on Win10 - enable developer options then install from store.

2 Likes

uff…is it complicated ( data loss or something after a while ) ?

I am thinking of switching partially to Win because I can not setup fully my sound system on laptop

No. Not complicated. I don’t think and I’m basic user. I’ve gone to Linux on both desktop and laptop but, kept a windows partition alive on both as I DJ and use Ableton and need it for compatibility. Only use windows when needed. Simple enough to do. This is a good tutorial.

You can do it the other way around though: mount the Windows D: Drive in fstab.

Here’s mine as it contains a lot of comments on which parameters to use and why:

# Fabby: 2017-11-04: Added NTFS 1TB partition, set fscheck to 0 like swap as there is no decent NTFS fsck
# Add show_sys_files to show NTFS system files
# Add allow_other to allow any user to access any files
# Fabby: 2019-12-21: Added noauto,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.device-timeout=10 to:
#  * speed up booting 
#  * let systemd do the mount at first access
UUID=634E43D367B0A4BA                     /media/Data     ntfs-3g noauto,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.device-timeout=10,rw,inherit,permissions,streams_interface=windows,windows_names,compression,norecover,hide_dot_files,hide_hid_files,big_writes 0 2

so in my case, the Windows D: drive is in /media/Data in Windows.

for more info, Read The Fine Manual or create a new topic instead of posting your issues in this thread…

:innocent: