Can I add a Window Manager in addition to my current Desktop environment with its own WM

Hi, I am a relatively new user of manjaro xfce and honestly love everything about it. Been using it as my main system for about 2 to 3 months and fell in a deep love for how fast it made my system when compared to Gnome or KDE. But here is the thing I want to try out a few other window managers like i3wm and awesome. But everywhere I check I only come across methods to remove the xfwm and in place using i3wm, whereas my end goal is to use both xfwm and i3wm as two independent desktops allowing me to switch between them from the Lightdm lock screen. I have tried a few methods like creating it as two dual boot but those all seem to be a lot of work and not quick access or switch so if there is another method I am open to suggestions.
Thanking everyone in advance for the helpful opinions and time you spend on this topic to help me.

Just install i3 package group in order to achieve that. It automatically create a .desktop file in /usr/share/xsessions so you can select it in lightdm during login. No need to dual boot! :wink:

sudo pacman -S i3
2 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I will surely try that out & also is this method similar for other window managers installation?

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.