Buying mainboard with Marvell Aquantia NIC - bad idea?

Hi everyone,

I read that for linux compatibility, it’s best to get a mainboard with an intel NIC - is that still true? Unfortunately, the highest rated board has a Marvell Aquantia AQtion AQC113CS ethernet chip.

The closest thing I found about kernel driver integration is Marvell(Aquantia) AQtion Driver — The Linux Kernel documentation but the AQC113CS is not listed there.

Marvell writes “Drivers: Windows 10 and Windows 11 (64-bit) and Linux 3.10 and higher.”, but I can’t even find a driver download for the NIC here: Support | Driver Downloads | QLogic Fibre Channel HBAs and FastLinQ Ethernet adapters and controllers - Marvell
Would I have to compile the driver myself (once or often) or will it just work™ since it has been around for over a year?

So am I setting myself up for trouble? Does anybody have it or similar and can tell me about his experiences?

According to the report here Gigabyte Z690 AORUS MASTER Desktop Computer , the Aquantia Corp. Ethernet controller works.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.