Build ISO but keep Symlink, how?

I am trying to build a manjaro iso with a systemd service pre-enabled, for lack of a better description, but buildiso tries to find a file in my current system and outputs

cp: cannot stat ‘/etc/systemd/system/rc-local.service’: No such file or directory

It is not a file in my current system, but it is in live-overlay, and it must remain a symlink when built into the iso so that systemd enables the service. Just copying the file into the multi-user.target.wants directory(where the symlink is created upon enabling through systemctl enable) does not work.

I am doing all this in order to set the timezone of the live iso to mine. If there is an easier solution, then I’d be glad to hear it.

I have never heard of a systemd service with that name - if you got it from a package you need to add the package to the Packages-Live file - then all you have to do is modify your profile’s enable_systemd_live array, uncommenting the line and adding the service.

A couple of options

The first is likely the one you are looking for.

1. You can buld the iso using the -x argument and then edit the grub timezone to be your preferred timezone and finalize the iso with -zc argument. The file to edit is

/$buildroot/buildiso/$profile/iso/boot/grub/defaults.cfg

2. create a symlink in the live-overlay to the preferred timezone replace the variables with the values for your usecase - not sure if it will provide the desired result - just mentioned for record

$ cd ~/iso-profiles/manjaro/$profile/live-overlay/etc
    $ ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/$zonename/$locationname

1 Like

I were following these instructions
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/installation_guide#Time_zone
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/User:Herodotus/Rc-Local-Systemd

but the main issue of mine was not knowing how to enable a systemd service in the iso. Anyhow, thy help has been very appreciated, and thou has my gratitude.

I am sorry to say, but this does not work. It was the easiest, and therefore the first thing that I tried. :confused: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The whole buiildiso toolbox is a bunch of shell scripts.

I have not dived into the specifics of the boot setup - but I am guessing there could be variables someplace you could modify - maybe even set them in profile.conf so they are initialized early.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.