Browsers like Chrome, Chromium, Brave are not installing

Hello Manjaro team and users. I had used previous versions before. It was flawless. It was incredibly fast and good, unmatched by any Linux distribution or even Windows. Now, I removed Ubuntu and installed Manjaro as a more accurate choice. However, this decision regretfully disappointed me. Browsers like Chrome, Chromium, Brave are NOT INSTALLING. There is NO error message whatsoever. I searched all over the internet forums and articles, but found no solution. I kindly request you to provide me with the solution to this issue.
Thank you to everyone.

I kindly request you provide more information.

Such as ā€¦ how are you trying to install these things?

2 Likes

Please be more specificā€¦ I can install it. For example the terminal:

pamac install chromium
pamac install brave-browser
# google chrome only in the AUR:
pamac build google-chrome
3 Likes

You really need to work on your search fu.

apt, apt-get and dpkg doesnā€™t work with Manjaro Linux.

pacman the native Arch Linux package manager.

pamac is the native Manjaro Linux package manager - both will do the job.

Some help can be found in the relevant man pages

man pacman
man pamac
2 Likes

Iā€™ll just leave this here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Pacman/Rosetta#Basic_operations

These are all guesses of course ā€¦ @ph4nt0m is being a ā€¦ fantasmo.

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Unfortunately, you immediately violated the Forum Rules by ranting and providing absolutely no information whatsoever to help us help you.

Since this is your first post, I forgave you and edited your topic title to be slightly more clear about what you had trouble with. :wink:

Please see:

All right, my friend, I donā€™t know this one. Thank you :slight_smile: Forgive me if I made a mistake.

To all my other friends, the error has been fixed. I was initially doing what you said, but it wasnā€™t working. However, by using the ā€œrestartā€ command, I saw that all packages were running smoothly.

I appreciate your attention and efforts :slight_smile: I am now confident in the choice I made :slight_smile:

Manjaro is awesome (but the previous Deepin version was the best).

Best regards.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.