Brother Printer MFC-8535DN: "Print job canceled at printer."

I added a Brother printer MFC-8535DN with the driver Brother MFC-8535DN, driverless, cups-filters 1.28.17 through auto-discovered network printers.

Although it is connected, it would always show status “Print job canceled at printer” after “Waiting for job to complete”. How to troubleshoot it? I checked http://localhost:631/printers/, and the printer was added.

Most likely there is an error in the ppd file.

I had a HL-2240 which required a special ppd file - the default in the driver database was no good - it kept cancelling the jobs - much like yours.

I eventually found a ppd file that worked using hpijs and pcl5e.

I recently got hands on a HL-L8260CDW and installed with IPP Everywhere - to make it possible for my wife to print using Apple phone and tablet.

I think you can make it work with a couple of custom package from AUR brother-mfc-8510dn-{lpr,cups}-bin. While not exactly the same as yours it is the same series 85xxDN which should make them a compatible option.

I installed brother-mfc-8510dn-cups-bin just now. Where is the installed ppd file?

I found that the correct driver (MFC-8535DN IPP Everywhere) can be installed through web UI. Now it works.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.