Broken dependencies since currently available updates

Today morning Manjaro welcomed me by showing me that numerous packages can/shall be updated. As usual I wanted to updated everything, but this time I get several dependency errors which I’m not able to resolve:

could not satisfy dependencies:

• removing krb5 breaks dependency ‘krb5’ required by audit
  • removing krb5 breaks dependency ‘libkrb5.so=3-64’ required by audit
  • removing krb5 breaks dependency ‘libgssapi_krb5.so=2-64’ required by audit
  • removing python-jaraco breaks dependency ‘python-jaraco’ required by python-pytest-enabler

I have no idea how I should proceed, I cannot even remove a package, as the same error appears again.
Also tried already to refresh the databases but that did not resolve the problem as sometimes before.

Any suggestions?

thx

Hi @grueni, and welcome!

I’ve just updated myself and didn’t have a problem.

How did you update? I recommend using the terminal and pamac. To do so, open a terminal and run:

pamac upgrade --enable-downgrade --aur --devel

Obviously providing your root password when requested.

Hope this helps!

Tip:

To provide terminal output, copy the text you wish to share, and paste it here, surrounded by three (3) backticks, a.k.a grave accents. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Portaest sed
elementum
cursus nisl nisi
hendrerit ac quis
sit
adipiscing
tortor sit leo commodo.

Instead of like this:

Portaest sed elementum cursus nisl nisi hendrerit ac quis sit adipiscing tortor sit leo commodo.

Thereby improving legibility and making it much easier for those trying to be of assistance.

Alternatively, paste the text in the editor, select the pasted text, and click the </> button in the editor toolbar.

thx for the fast reply. I updated using the package manager in KDE. Trying the same on the terminal using your command gives me the following output:

Warning: Building packages as dynamic user
Warning: Setting build directory to /var/cache/pamac
Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
Refreshing AUR...                                                                                                                             
Checking git-cola dependencies...                                                                                                             
Checking python-jaraco.packaging dependencies...
Warning: python-pyqt5: downgrading from version 5.15.6-7.1 to version 5.15.6-7
Resolving dependencies...
Warning: cannot resolve "python-jaraco", a dependency of "python-jaraco.packaging"
Warning: cannot resolve "python-jaraco", a dependency of "python-jaraco.packaging"
Error: Failed to prepare transaction:
could not satisfy dependencies:
- unable to satisfy dependency 'python-jaraco' required by python-jaraco.packaging

Edit build files : [e] 
Apply transaction ? [e/y/N]

OK, well, since I’m not sure how to handle this, seeing as I don’t get these kinds of errors, for whatever the reason is, I think it has something to do with an AUR package, but I’m not at all sure about that and there is a BIG chance I’m wrong. There’s also a good chance it has to do with python versioning, about which I know absolutely nothing. So I don’t think I can help, but at least now there’s more information here.

Either remove both or do a clean build of python-jaraco.packaging. python-jaraco doesn’t exist anymore. PKGBUILD was updated.

1 Like

Thx, I removed these and a couple of other packages causing a dependency conflict. Not sure if there’s something missing now, but at least all updates could be installed and atm everything seems to work :wink:
thx

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.