Brackets editor font rendering issue

There is an annoying issue with font rendering in Brackets editor: between individual characters you get tiny artefacts which are really annoying. There seems to be a fix for Ubuntu. Is there a similar solution for Manjaro/Arch?

My .Xresources setup:

Xft.dpi:       96
Xft.antialias: true
Xft.hinting:   true
Xft.rgba:      rgb
Xft.autohint:  false
Xft.hintstyle: hintslight
Xft.lcdfilter: lcddefault

Hi @Skydancer,

I see you seem to still be using Kernel version 5.6, and it has been EOL for some time. Have you tried upgrading to another, say 5.10 (which is an LTS version) and see if it still happens?

Also, looking quickly that fix/workaround doesn’t look to be Ubuntu-specific. Rather, it looks to be for Gnome and if this is indeed the case, it should, theoretically, work for you, too.

@Mirdarthos, I forgot to update my info in profile. Currently I use kernel 5.10.

Good to know. But, perhaps you should just try another one and see? Both versions 5.4 and 5.15 are LTS versions, so maybe that makes a difference, too. Other than that, I have no ideas for you.

1 Like

Which “fix” fixes this supposedly for Ubuntu? Your link indicates that you need at least freetype2 2.9. The current version is 2.11, so the update should already be installed.