Bootloaders theme is not working after Update

I’m using dual boot (manjaro+win10) in my pc. I’ve used manjaro bootloader theme for so long and I wanted some change. Then I installed some bootloader theme following this video.

Now I’ve updated my manjaro system and after rebooting the system, I could not see any bootloader? It’s a black screen and it boots to manjaro automatically. I’ve tried to see install those theme again on my pc using this script but it couldn’t work? what should I do?

Same here. It looks like there was an update to GRUB, which sets “GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER” to true automatically if not set false explicitly in /etc/default/grub. A /etc/default/grub.pacnew got installed with the update, which needs to be merged. Do not just overwrite your current grub file in /etc/defaut or you will lose your GRUB theme config too. So merge the pacnew, then uncomment the line GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false (and GRUB_ROOT_FS_RO=true if you want to run systemd-fsck) and save the file.

Run “sudo update-grub” after you’ve merged the pacnew file to run os-prober again and regain your grub menu.

1 Like

Thanks bruh!
I’ve found the solution before you replied. I just read this and found the solution.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.