Booting directly to crt

the ISo was running as it should but the installed version from it was not!!

indeed - the display manager didn’t start by default
It was an error and was corrected with the new iso which you are now downloading, as you say.

Everything else is still your feelings - which you somehow cannot substantiate.

… let’s leave it at that and see what happens when you install from the corrected iso

I was really hoping for script or some program to run because this is now my current everyday PC as my cori7 is acquired by my son :grinning: he left me with the old PC and took the new PC for gaming and his University stuff and let me with the old.
so I started to install all the software I need after fixing the lightdm and the network issue
the PC is working fine I am writing this from it now but still feels it should be fixed!

This should help in identifying what you have changed since you first installed
and also to create a list of those packages
that you can feed to pacman, to install everything you had
again in the new system
with just one single command.

It’s all the same page - just linked to different sections in it:

pacman/Tips and tricks - ArchWiki

Your custom configurations to files in /etc … you’ll have to track those yourself.
Just make a copy of /etc and later refer to it when you have installed again what you need.

can you consider providing us with script , I think the post installation script can be modified to trigger the enabling the services the one which you normally use ! it should be like chroot systemctl enable XXXX
chroot systemctl start XXX
if you understand what I mean!!

sure:

for service in 'avahi-daemon' 'bluetooth' 'cronie' 'ModemManager' 'NetworkManager' 'cups' 'tlp' 'haveged' 'ufw' 'apparmor' 'snapd.apparmor' 'snapd' 'fstrim.timer' 'pkgfile-update.timer'; do
  echo "enabling $service"
  sudo systemctl enable $service
  echo "starting $service"
  sudo systemctl start $service    
done

thank you trying now

this works
marking solved

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.