Boot Splash Screens and Previews

Is it normal for this screen to have no previews?

I mean - I don’t remember it ever did have previews… is it fixable, or just ignored?

Hi @Ben,

I believe you’re using Plasma 6, right?

Your boot splashes might simply be for 5.x, so is not gully compatible with 6. Here’s mine, and I’m still on 5.27:

https://i.imgur.com/aAqssmU.png

They’re for Plymouth, but they never did show previews.

I think you’re confused with Splash Screens, not Boot screens :wink:
Screenshot_20240329_164938

1 Like

Oh, well, then…I’ve got nothing. Nope, not 1 darn thing. Never used Plymouth, and from all the problems regarding it I see on the forum, I’m very happy 'bout it this way and not going to change it anytime soon.

1 Like

You don’t have the Manjaro boot screen?

I have my Grub setup with a theme, it takes around 15 seconds to boot when I press enter, which isn’t a problem, and then it’s my login, that’s it.

I have never seen any - if that is normal I have no idea.

I do use Plymouth especially when encrypted the Plymouth 24.x provides a nice input screen using the configured terminal keymap.

1 Like

I have KDE 5 installed on two machines, only the most recent install has the boot splash screen in the KDE menu, like yours so no preview. Both machines are on KDE 5.27.11

1 Like

Yes, I actually installed a couple of new ones - they did have a static preview - but they also didn’t really work either… but it’s not really worth messing with much (just curious really).

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.