Bluetooth is breaking video and audio

Video and audio were not buffering from different sources (spotify in the app, and youtube in Opera browser), so after trying to restore the system using timeshift, deleting cache, and even doing fsck, I managed to isolate the issue to bluetooth, specifically when connected to the iHome iBN97 speaker (other Bluetooth devices work fine).

I do not know how to monitor specifically for this, so I can’t give more info. Also, using spotify --show-console did not show any specific info more than a Prefetch: Key prefetch error key_denied for file.

I guess this is just a bug report, and in case somebody has the same issue the workaround is just disconnecting the device.

So what you’re saying is that when you connect your iHome iBN97 Bluetooth speaker:

• nothing works
  • You have latency on audio.

:thinking: :question:

Sorry for the late response.

Spotify and Youtube do not play anything, as in no video nor audio. In Spotify it says that they cant play that song right now, and in Youtube it says that it has problems buffering.

1. Faster responses ensure people who deal with a lot of questions remember what yours was about… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2. So everything is working fine unless you hook up the iHome iBN97 Bluetooth speaker. If my understanding is correct, please provide:

• inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width with the speaker attached
    • lsusb:
      • Once with the speaker attached
      • Once without

:thinking: