Bluetooth Firestick remote not woking on older installation. Works on live USB

Hello! I suppose bluetooth falls under network…

In short, I’m trying to pair my firestick (or firetv) remote to my aging xfce manjaro installation. It used to work just fine, but stopped somewhere along the line. No idea if an update broke it or where to continue troubleshooting anymore.

• The remote works as intended on a live usb version of manjaro and I have the same packages on my main system
  • The device pairs fine with bluetoothctl but doesn’t stay connected very long and sometimes labels itself as Human Interface Device instead of Generic Remote
  • There is no input on btmon (except on the live usb)
  • I’ve tried reinstalling everything blu* on pamac with no change
  • Other bluetooth devices work perfectly

I was digging around google and found some information about custom mapping a bluetooth keyboard (since a remote is handled as a keyboard after all). An article (I can’t find anymore) had something to do with dbus settings and a bunch of generic types of bluetooth devices with their mappings somewhere deep in the system settings folders. I don’t know where these settings files are, but the only thing I can imagine is that the one for the Generic Remote is corrupted. Maybe I could somehow transfer the stuff from the clean version of the operating system? Perhaps there is a generic package for these bluetooth device settings? Still wouldn’t explain no input on btmon…

I am completely lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you, thank you!

for whatever this is worth…

Device-1: Intel AX201 Bluetooth type: USB driver: btusb v: 0.8
    bus-ID: 3-10:3 chip-ID: 8087:0026 class-ID: e001
  Report: bt-adapter ID: hci0 rfk-id: 1 state: up address: <filter>

Welcome to Manjaro! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1. Please read the information behind this link. It will help you to post necessary information. [HowTo] Provide System Information
  2. Please press the three dots below your post and then press the :pencil2:
  • If you give us information about your system, we can see what we’re talking about and make better suggestions.
  • You can do this by using inxi in a terminal or in console.
inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width
  • Personally identifiable information such as serial numbers and MAC addresses are filtered out by this command
  • Presenting the information in this way allows everyone to be familiar with the format and quickly find the items they need without missing anything.
  1. Copy the output from inxi (including the command) and paste it into your post.
  • To make it more readable, add 3 backticks ``` on an extra line before and after the pasted text.

You may try

another kernel. :man_shrugging:
Look into the live manjaro, which kernel is used.
Install kernel xxx :man_shrugging: (you did not provide any info)
Stop grub with ESC and select the kernel xxx :man_shrugging:
good luck :man_shrugging: