Bluetooth adapter detected as Mass Storage Media

Hi. I’m having issues with a bluetooth adapter. It’s recognized as a mass storage media in my system. I tried doing some things already, like:

• Install bluez

• Install blueman

• Load btsub module

but nothing worked until now. If y’all could help me, i’d apreciate it a lot.

I remember the name
usb_modeswitch

I have never had to deal with it, so have no pertinent experience.

Perhaps see this:

Mobile broadband modem - ArchWiki

on how to use it

Section 3 and 4 in that wiki

I tried, but i think it’s just for internet connection. My issue is with bluetooth.

yeah - but the device seems to be similar
in that it can present as a mass storage device
and as a … bluetooth device

Two modes - that can be switched from one to the other (it appears).

… and what do you mean by:

?

Is it indeed usable as a mass storage device?

Or is it just wrongly identified as one?

How do you know this?

Is it indeed usable as a mass storage device?
Or is it just wrongly identified as one?

It’s usable as a mass storage device, and it just confuses me. It has properties of a 2gb pendrive, but should be a bluetooth dongle.

yeah - but the device seems to be similar
in that it can present as a mass storage device
and as a … bluetooth device

Two modes - that can be switched from one to the other (it appears).

Yeah, that seems to be the case. I installed modemmanager gui (usb_modeswitch was already there), but it just did not appear, for some reason, so i can’t switch modes.

How do you know this?

When i plug it on the usb port, it asks to be mounted, appears on dolphin as a mass storage device. I even checked on terminal (even tho i’m a newbie, especially on manjaro. My previous experiences in GNU\Linux was with ubuntu), and it was listed as such.

I installed ModemManager, ran it through terminal, and that’s what i got (the dongle is plugged, btw)

   ~  sudo systemctl start ModemManager.service                                             ✔ 
[sudo] senha para fernando: 
Warning: The unit file, source configuration file or drop-ins of ModemManager.service changed on disk. Run 'systemctl daemon-reload' to reload units.
    ~  sudo systemctl daemon-reload                                                   ✔  3s  
    ~  sudo systemctl start ModemManager.service                                             ✔ 
    ~  sudo systemctl enable ModemManager.service                                            ✔ 
    ~  sudo mmcli -L                                                                         ✔ 
No modems were found
    ~                                                                                        ✔ 

(Sorry for the mess, btw)

Hello again. I just switched the dongle and now it works. Gonna close it. Thx.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.