Best way to install Unity and VSCode

I am new to Linux/Arch/Manjaro scene. I would like to install Unity3D and VS Code, I have done it before on Ubuntu using menulibre to get it to show up in my applications menu. Is there a better way to do with without menulibre?

Kernel: 5.12.9-1-MANJARO
CPU: Intel i3-8100 (4) @ 3.600GHz
GPU: Intel 8th Gen Core Processor Gaussian Mixtu
Memory: 2082MiB / 7826MiB

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

That’s available in the repos as code. It can be installed via Add/Remove Software or via terminal:

pamac install code

See Unity3D - ArchWiki and Arch User Repository - Manjaro

Huh? That’s not a package manager, it’s a menu editor.

Apologies I edited the post.

You asked how to install them, I answered. VS Code will show in the menu, not sure about Unity3D. Did you already install them and they’re not appearing? If so, what did you install and how? It’s still not clear what you need help with.

I’m not good at explaining myself. Thank you I have installed using your answer. My problem now is that the extensions I need aren’t showing up in Code - OSS.

The version in the repos is the open source version, not sure about how extensions are handled. See:

If you want the Microsoft spyware, you can also try visual-studio-code-bin available in the AUR (Arch User Repository).

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.