AUR build failing

Can anyone tell me what has gone wrong or what is missing here? I am trying to install Dlume (which I have installed before)

   96 |       __glibc_objsize (__dest));
      |       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In function ‘strncpy’,
    inlined from ‘read_config’ at prefs.c:306:3:
/usr/include/bits/string_fortified.h:95:10: warning: ‘__builtin_strncpy’ specified bound 32 equals destination size [-Wstringop-truncation]
   95 |   return __builtin___strncpy_chk (__dest, __src, __len,
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   96 |       __glibc_objsize (__dest));
      |       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
make[2]: *** [Makefile:466: dlume-prefs.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/pamac-build-sandy/dlume/src/dlume-0.2.4/src'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:265: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/pamac-build-sandy/dlume/src/dlume-0.2.4'
make: *** [Makefile:155: all] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().

When pasting terminal output, highlight it and use the Preformatted text </> button.

Alternatively, add three backticks ` above and below the text:


Please edit your post accordingly.

FYI, the dlume AUR package hasn’t been touched since 2015. It may need to be patched for newer build tools.

The only, probably not very helpful thing I can say is:

it builds without issue on Arch

it fails to build - with the above error - on fully updated Manjaro stable edition (Xfce, to be specific)

I tried with
pamac build
makepkg -i
yay -S
… don’t know why :man_shrugging:

But Manjaro doesn’t always have the same package versions as Arch - it could be due to this
(pure, but not entirely unfounded, speculation though).