Audio stops after a couple of seconds (PipeWire)

Hello everyone, i recently installed a fresh version of Manjaro (kernel v 5.15) and immediately after a couple of moments (after updating), I started experiencing sound issues.

The main issue is that the sound stops working after a couple of second AFTER i have paused the sound (ie video or song). During play, sound works fine, but if I resume about 2 seconds after the moment I paused, there is no sound. Therefore, I have to manually restart the socket every single time.

Furthermore, for some reason, both pipewire and pulse audio, were enabled. In the past I had used pulseaudio, so I disabled the pipewire socket and services, I rebooted, and I still had issues.
Then I tried removing pulseaudio completely with all of its dependencies and enable pipewire again, and again it didnt work. Audio stop a couple of seconds after pause. I am really frustrated as I dont know what to do anymore. These are some of the commands Ive tried:

As for pulseaudio:

Thank you for your time and help

there are numerous threads about this recent problem.

Welcome to Manjaro forum

There are lot of similar reports about audio problems with kernel update including some ALSA related bug for Intel Skylake and later generations including TigerLake

A lot of users have confirmed that the best, simple solution for this is to install kernel v6.0
Using either Manjaro Settings Manager GUI tool. Or copy/paste this to terminal

sudo mhwd-kernel -i linux60

Thanks! but I’ d rather continue with kernel 5.15, any other solution?

see discussion linked in post #2 for information on how to downgrade kernel and reasons why it is not recommended

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.